Posted on 2020-01-15, by books_lover.
Those who anticipated the demise of religion and the advent of a peaceful, secularized global village have seen the last two decades confound their predictions. René Girard’s mimetic theory is a key to understanding the new challenges posed by our world of resurgent violence and pluralistic cultures and traditions. Girard sought to explain how the Judeo-Christian narrative exposes a founding murder at the origin of human civilization and demystifies the bloody sacrifices of archaic religions. Meanwhile, his book Sacrifice, a reading of conflict and sacrificial resolution in the Vedic Brahmanas, suggests that mimetic theory’s insights also resonate with several non-Western religious and spiritual traditions. This volume collects engagements with Girard by scholars of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism and situates them within contemporary theology, philosophy, and religious studies.
- Ebooks list page : 42456
- 2020-05-14The Ambivalence of Scarcity and Other Essays (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2017-12-01Mimetic Theory and World Religions
- 2020-06-09Conrad's Shadow: Catastrophe, Mimesis, Theory (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2020-05-12Economy and the Future: A Crisis of Faith (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2020-04-30The Mimetic Brain (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2017-11-09[PDF] The Ambivalence of Scarcity and Other Essays (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2017-03-11Intimate Domain Desire, Trauma, and Mimetic Theory (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Globalization, Violence and World Governance (Studies in Critical Social Sciences)
- 2011-08-09Functional integration theory and applications
- 2020-05-06Leadership-as-Practice: Theory and Application (Routledge Studies in Leadership Research)
- 2020-04-22Democratic Theory and Mass Incarceration (Studies in Penal Theory and Philosophy)
- 2020-03-03Creative Placemaking: Research, Theory and Practice (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- 2019-12-14Macroeconomic Forecasting in the Era of Big Data: Theory and Practice (Advanced Studies in Theoretical and Applied Econometrics)
- 2019-11-30Servant Leadership in Sport: Theory and Practice (Palgrave Studies in Workplace Spirituality and Fulfillment)
- 2019-11-24Towards a Maqāṣid al-Sharīʿah Index of Socio-Economic Development: Theory and Application (Palgrave Studies in Islamic Banking, Finance, and Economics)
- 2019-02-22The Sacrifice of Socrates Athens, Plato, and Girard Studies in Violence, Mimesis, Culture [Audiob
- 2019-01-27The Sacrifice of Socrates Athens, Plato, and Girard Studies in Violence, Mimesis, Culture [Audiob...
- 2018-11-01Output-Driven Phonology Theory and Learning (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2018-10-01Output-Driven Phonology Theory and Learning (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.