Posted on 2012-10-13. By anonymous.
English | 2002-04-30 | ISBN: 0262072297 | PDF | 352 pages | 6.10 MB
The effort to sequence the human genome has generated a new discipline, "functional genomics," or the study of the relationship between the genetic code and its biologic potential. Gene expression studies are made possible not only by the decoding of the human genome, but by the development of new technologies. The preeminent technology in this area, DNA microarrays, is helping to revolutionize the field of neuroscience. Rather than looking at one gene at a time, researchers using DNA microarrays can monitor the expression patterns of large numbers of genes simultaneously. Bridging the traditional gap between molecular neurobiology and systems neurobiology, DNA microarray technology has the potential to elevate molecular genetic studies of the nervous system to the system level.
This book provides a comprehensive guide to the use of DNA microarrays in neuroscience and provides approaches that are applicable to other complex biological systems. Human nervous system tissue is remarkably complex. The number of cell types, the architecture, the developmental program, and the importance of environmental factors in development and functioning all pose particular challenges to the researcher using gene expression studies. After an overview of the technology, the book discusses array scanning and image application, statistical methods for array analysis, specific applications of gene expression studies in the central nervous system, the use of postmortem human tissue, and novel methods for using microarray data to develop hypotheses about regulatory networks.
- Ebooks list page : 20230
- 2011-11-16Microarrays for the Neurosciences: An Essential Guide (Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience)
- 2011-08-05Microarrays for the Neurosciences: An Essential Guide (Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience)
- 2009-08-23Microarrays for the Neurosciences: An Essential Guide
- 2009-09-22Microarrays for the Neurosciences
- 2012-04-19The Motley Fool Money Guide by Selena M [REPOST]
- 2011-09-16The Essential Guide to Portraits - 2011 (2nd edition)
- 2011-08-29Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals: Eighth Edition
- 2013-12-22Essential Skills for the Agile Developer: A Guide to Better Programming and Design (repost)
- 2012-12-15Essential Skills for the Agile Developer: A Guide to Better Programming and Design [Repost]
- 2011-11-21John Riemer - Handbook For The Jazz Guitarist
- 2011-09-13The iPad Handbook 2012: Your Essential Guide to Mastering the iPad
- 2011-08-12John Riemer - Handbook For The Jazz Guitarist - Removed
- 2014-05-22The Indie Band Survival Guide: The Complete Manual for the Do-It-Yourself Musician (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-05-02The Indie Band Survival Guide: The Complete Manual for the Do-It-Yourself Musician (Repost) - Removed
- 2014-04-28The Art of Music Publishing: An Entrepreneurial Guide to Publishing and Copyright for the Music, Film, and Media... (repost)
- 2014-04-22Airbrushing: The Essential Guide (repost)
- 2014-03-27Successful Scientific Writing: A Step-by-Step Guide for the Biological and Medical Sciences (repost)
- 2013-11-17Breastfeeding: A Guide for the Medical Professional (7th edition) [Repost]
- 2013-06-24Choices for the High School Graduate: A Survival Guide for the Information Age, 5 edition (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.