Posted on 2020-05-11, by Jockerss.
pdf | 64.26 MB | English | Porter, Venetia; Rosser-Owen, Mariam ; | 2012 | I.B. Tauris; 1 edition | Page: 544
Book Description :
The material and visual culture of the Islamic World casts vast arcs through space and time, and encompasses a huge range of artefacts and monuments from the minute to the grandiose, from ceramic pots to the great mosques. Here, Venetia Porter and Mariam Rosser-Owen assemble leading experts in the field to examine both the objects themselves and the ways in which they reflect their historical, cultural and economic contexts.
Islamic metalwork is the particular focus of this book, which celebrates the fundamental contribution to its study made by James Allan. It includes an important new study of Mosul
metalwork and presents recent discoveries in the fields of Fatimid, Mamluk and Qajar metalwork. Reflecting the inter-disciplinary spirit of this book, chapters explore the role of painting in the design of Islamic metalwork, issues of influence between Iran and India, and the importance of textual sources for our understanding of metalworking and the trade in raw materials.
Metalwork and Material Culture in the Islamic World also investigates cases from the Islamic West, and the spread of different artistic styles and influences across the Islamic World and beyond. By examining architecture, ceramics, ivories and textiles, seventeenth-century Iranian painting and contemporary art, the book explores a wide range of artistic production and historical periods from the Umayyad caliphate to the modern Middle East. This rich and detailed volume makes a significant contribution to the fields of Art History, Architecture and Islamic Studies, bringing new objects to light, and shedding new light on old objects.
Download link Here
Thanks for downloading Metalwork and Material Culture in the Islamic World :
- Ebooks list page : 43572
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Muqarnas, Volume 25 Frontiers of Islamic Art and Architecture: Essays in Celebration of Oleg Grabar's Eightieth Birthday (Muqarnas: An Annual on the Visual Culture of the Islamic World) - Removed
- 2011-11-29Architecture Education in the Islamic World
- 2011-08-24Architecture Education in the Islamic World
- 2009-01-22Muqarnas 21 Essays In Honor Of J.m. Rogers: An Annual On The Visual Culture Of The Islamic World
- 2020-05-18Printing Arab Modernity: Book Culture and the American Press in Nineteenth-Century Beirut (Arts and Archaeology of the Islamic World)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Medieval Cuisine of the Islamic World: A Concise History with 174 Recipes (California Studies in Food and Culture) - Removed
- 2017-10-14[PDF] Islamic Art, Literature, and Culture (The Islamic World)
- 2011-09-15Islamic Art, Literature, and Culture (The Islamic World)
- 2010-03-04Islamic Art, Literature, and Culture (The Islamic World)
- 2020-06-18Encyclopedia of Society and Culture in the Ancient World (Encyclopedia of Society & Culture in the Ancient World) 4 Vol.
- 2020-06-18Man and Animal in Severan Rome: The Literary Imagination of Claudius Aelianus (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2020-05-08Sacred Interests: The United States and the Islamic World, 1821-1921
- 2020-04-30The Ottomans and the Mamluks: Imperial Diplomacy and Warfare in the Islamic World (Library of Ottoman Studies)
- 2020-01-10The Mongols and the Islamic World: From Conquest to Conversion
- 2019-12-31Dionysius of Halicarnassus and Augustan Rome: Rhetoric, Criticism and Historiography (Greek Culture in the Roman World)
- 2019-12-26Earthen Architecture in Muslim Cultures (Arts and Archaeology of the Islamic World)
- 2019-11-21Cold War in the Islamic World: Saudi Arabia, Iran and the Struggle for Supremacy
- 2019-05-07Landscapes of the Islamic World Archaeology, History, and Ethnography
- 2019-03-23Landscapes of the Islamic World Archaeology, History, and Ethnography
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.