Posted on 2014-04-08. By anonymous.
English | 2014 | ISBN: 1616149442 | ISBN-13: 9781616149444 | 288 pages | EPUB | 1,9 MB
A leading neuroscientist offers the latest research and many new ideas on the connections between brain circuitry and conscious experience.
How the mysterious three-pound organ in our heads creates the rich array of human mental experience, including the sense of self and consciousness, is one of the great challenges of 21st-century science. Veteran neuroscientist W. R. Klemm presents the latest research findings on this elusive brain-mind connection in a lucidly presented, accessible, and engaging narrative.
The author focuses on how mind emerges from nerve-impulse patterns in the densely-packed neural circuits that make up most of the brain, suggesting that conscious mind can be viewed as a sort of neural-activity-based avatar. As an entity in its own right, mind on the conscious level can have significant independent action, shaping the brain that sustains it through its plans, goals, interests, and interactions with the world. Thus, in a very literal sense, we become what we think.
Against researchers who argue that conscious mind is merely a passive observer and free will an illusion, the author presents evidence showing that mental creativity, freedom to act, and personal responsibility are very real. He also delves into the role of dream sleep in both animals and humans, and explains the brain-based differences between nonconscious, unconscious, and conscious minds.
Written in a jargon-free style understandable to the lay reader, this is a fascinating synthesis of recent neuroscience and intriguing hypotheses.
- Ebooks list page : 26044
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Mental Biology: The New Science of How the Brain and Mind Relate
- 2014-04-28Mental Biology: The New Science of How the Brain and Mind Relate
- 2020-01-05The Mechanical World: The Metaphysical Commitments of the New Mechanistic Approach (Studies in Brain and Mind)
- 2018-11-15What's Going on in There How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life
- 2014-06-12Consciousness as a Scientific Concept: A Philosophy of Science Perspective (Studies in Brain and Mind) - Removed
- 2012-03-16Heme Biology: The Secret Life of Heme in Regulating Diverse Biological Processes By Li Zhang
- 2011-09-05Brain Facts: A Primer on the Brain and Nervous System free ebook download
- 2023-01-28The Dance of Life The New Science of How a Single Cell Becomes a Human Being [Audiobook] (Repost)
- 2023-01-27The Painful Truth The new science of why we hurt and how we can heal
- 2022-08-10Summary of William W. Li's Eat To Beat Disease The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself
- 2022-08-05Unwinding Anxiety New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind
- 2022-06-25Return to Nature The New Science of How Natural Landscapes Restore Us [Audiobook]
- 2022-06-21Return to Nature The New Science of How Natural Landscapes Restore Us
- 2022-01-20Environmental Biodynamics A New Science of How the Environment Interacts with Human Health
- 2021-07-23Judson Brewer Unwinding Anxiety New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind 2021 - Removed
- 2021-04-25Unwinding Anxiety New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind by Judson Brewer - Removed
- 2021-03-20Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind [Audiobook]
- 2021-01-19Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind - Removed
- 2020-11-23The Science of Fate: The New Science of Who We Are And How to Shape our Best Future
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.