Posted on 2012-09-27. By anonymous.
2012 | ISBN-10: 1461447585 | PDF | 130 pages | 7 MB
This book focuses on the adoption of medical technology in the developing world, and the role that can be played by new biomaterials. These authors urge that advanced technology be aligned with the needs of developing and emerging markets, and an alternative definition of technology be embraced. This â€œnew technologyâ€ considers natural sources of materials and tools for treatment and is not restricted to the usual traditional computerized or electronic technology. This book explores the difficulties that accompany successful transfer of technologies between disparate settings. The book then leaves the world of traditional technology and focuses on biomaterials, which represent an enormous opportunity for developing societies to become active participants in the development of new technologies. Biomaterials can be used in the treatment of disease throughout the developing world and beyond. Biomaterials encompass a range of naturally derived substances; of particular interest here are naturally derived and synthetically manufactured materials with potential applications in different body systems. Because many of these materials can be grown, the agricultural output of developing nations is an obvious potential source of these biomaterials. The book considers the cases of Ghana and Nicaragua as examples of the broader situation in West Africa and Central/South America. These two regions are uniquely positioned with regard to both health care and technological capabilities, and both stand to grow significantly in the coming years. While the agricultural sectors of the two nations are quite different, both are major producers of corn and other materials that should be investigated further. Of course, the difficulty in using a foodstuff for medical purposes is fully explored.
- Ebooks list page : 20085
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Medical Devices and Biomaterials for the Developing World: Case Studies in Ghana and Nicaragua (SpringerBriefs in Public Health) - Removed
- 2013-12-10Medical Devices and Biomaterials for the Developing World: Case Studies in Ghana and Nicaragua [Repost]
- 2020-12-10Building Broadband Strategies and Policies for the Developing World
- 2019-11-22Applied Ethics for Entrepreneurial Success: Recommendations for the Developing World: 2018 Griffiths School of Management Annual Conference (GSMAC) on ... Proceedings in Business and Economics)
- 2019-02-26Postharvest Extension and Capacity Building for the Developing World
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Building Broadband: Strategies and Policies for the Developing World
- 2013-04-22Building Broadband: Strategies and Policies for the Developing World (repost)
- 2011-01-20Building Broadband: Strategies and Policies for the Developing World
- 2011-01-15Transforming Government and Building the Information Society: Challenges and Opportunities for the Developing World (Repost)
- 2010-06-14Transforming Government and Building the Information Society: Challenges and Opportunities for the Developing World
- 2020-10-16Environmental Finance for the Developing World
- 2014-03-16Rwanda, Inc.: How a Devastated Nation Became an Economic Model for the Developing World (Audiobook)
- 2009-04-06Socially Relevant Policy Analysis: Structuralist Computable General Equilibrium Models for the Developing World
- 2020-04-26Transboundary Water Politics in the Developing World (Earthscan Studies in Water Resource Management)
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Transboundary Water Politics in the Developing World (Earthscan Studies in Water Resource Management)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Transboundary Water Politics in the Developing World (Earthscan Studies in Water Resource Management)
- 2012-01-24Future R&D Environments: A Report for the National Institute of Standards and Technology
- 2011-12-28Representation and Inference for Natural Language: A First Course in Computational Semantics (Center for the Study of Language and Information - Lecture Notes)
- 2011-12-16State and Local Government Statistics at a Crossroads - Panel On Research And Development Priorities For The U.S. Census Bureau's State And Local Government
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.