Math for Mystics: From the Fibonacci sequence to Luna's Labyrinth to the Golden Section and Other Secrets of Sacred Geometry
Posted on 2020-10-07, by nokia241186.
English | April 1, 2007 | ISBN: 1578633834 | EPUB | 224 pages | 2.4 MB
A Magical Mystery Tour of Math History
Much of what we know as math comes to us directly from early astronomer magi who needed to be able to describe and record what they saw in the night sky. Everyone needed math: whether you were the king's court astrologer or a farmer marking the best time for planting, timekeeping and numbers really mattered. Mistake a numerical pattern of petals and you could poison yourself. Lose the rhythm of a sacred dance or the meter of a ritually told story and the intricately woven threads that hold life together were spoiled. Ignore the celestial clock of equinoxes and solstices, and you'd risk being caught short of food for the winter.
Renna Shesso's friendly tone, delightful "math lore," meticulous research, and clear information makes math easy to understand. This marvelous book begins with the simplest lunary and planetary math and then tackles the most enigmatic of numerical esoterica such as Platonic Solids, the Golden Section, Luna's Labyrinth, and Benjamin Franklin's favorite way to pass the time, "Magical Squares," akin to the 17th century Sudoku.
For anyone who tried to understand the Fibonacci Sequence of numbers from Dan Brown's (son of a mathematician) The DaVinci Code, this book is for you!
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44772
- 2011-01-20Tools and Criteria for Sustainable Coastal Ecosystem Management: Examples from the Baltic Sea and Other Aquatic Systems
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Golden Key: And Other Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm
- 2020-04-16The Golden Condom: And Other Essays on Love Lost and Found
- 2019-05-10The Perfect Egg and Other Secrets
- 2019-03-25The Perfect Egg and Other Secrets
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Perfect Egg: and Other Secrets
- 2017-10-03[PDF] The Golden Condom: And Other Essays on Love Lost and Found - Removed
- 2013-04-12The Perfect Egg and Other Secrets
- 2013-04-10The Perfect Egg and Other Secrets
- 2012-02-05Nonconventional Concrete Technologies: Renewal of the Highway Infrastructure (Compass series) - Committee On Nonconventional Concrete Technologies For Renewal Of The Highway Infrastructure, Commis
- 2012-01-02Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-12-18Nonconventional Concrete Technologies: Renewal of the Highway Infrastructure (Compass series) - Committee On Nonconventional Concrete Technologies For Renewal Of The Highway Infrastructure, Commis
- 2011-11-28Nonconventional Concrete Technologies: Renewal of the Highway Infrastructure (Compass series) - Committee On Nonconventional Concrete Technologies For Renewal Of The Highway Infrastructure, Commis
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2011-09-16Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2021-02-17How To Play Chess For Beginners: Master The Chess Basics And Build Up From There: Chess Guide For Beginners
- 2021-01-20Writing from the Margins Power and Pedagogy for Teachers of Composition
- 2021-01-07Chess for Beginners: The Ultimate Chess Guide for Beginners: From the Opening to Closing Strategies
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.