Masculinity, Class and Music Education: Boys Performing Middle-Class Masculinities through Music (Palgrave Studies in Gender and Education)
Posted on 2019-12-24, by books_lover.
This book offers a provocative sociological examination of masculinity, class and music education within the context of a unique and fascinating culture: the classical musical world of choirboys. The myriad cultural meanings embodied in the ‘boy voice’ are unravelled through compelling musical narratives of young choirboys, their mothers, and their teachers. The book investigates how boys negotiate dominant gender-class discourses and the various pedagogies involved in producing middle-class masculinities during primary school and early years contexts. Drawing on the theoretical resources of Bourdieu to develop the concept of ‘musical habitus’, the continued symbolic distinction of the choirboy is analysed in order to better understand how culture is simultaneously reproduced and evolving through music. This interdisciplinary work at the juncture of pedagogy and culture will appeal to social science researchers, educators and arts practitioners interested in the sociocultural dynamics
- Ebooks list page : 42215
- 2019-06-04Masculinity, Class and Music Education Boys Performing Middle-Class Masculinities ...
- 2018-08-23Masculinity, Class and Music Education Boys Performing Middle-Class Masculinities through Music
- 2019-12-24Exploring Contemporary Issues in Sexuality Education with Young People: Theories in Practice (Palgrave Studies in Gender and Education)
- 2019-12-12The Urban Logistic Network: Cities, Transport and Distribution in Europe from the Middle Ages to Modern Times (Palgrave Studies in Economic History)
- 2019-11-26The Positioning and Making of Female Professors: Pushing Career Advancement Open (Palgrave Studies in Gender and Education)
- 2019-11-26Uplifting Gender and Sexuality Education Research (Palgrave Studies in Gender and Education)
- 2019-11-25Exploring Sexuality in Schools: The Intersectional Reproduction of Inequality (Palgrave Studies in Gender and Education)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Being an Early Career Feminist Academic: Global Perspectives, Experiences and Challenges (Palgrave Studies in Gender and Education) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music) - Removed
- 2017-11-05[PDF] A Girl's Education: Schooling and the Formation of Gender, Identities and Future Visions (Palgrave Studies in Gender and Education) - Removed
- 2020-03-10Exploring Single Black Mothers' Resistance Through Homeschooling (Palgrave Studies in Alternative Education)
- 2013-07-06Gender Capital at Work: Intersections of Femininity, Masculinity, Class and Occupation
- 2011-11-04Salaryman Masculinity: Continuity and Change in Hegemonic Masculinity in Japan
- 2021-08-09Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music Nick Bentley Beth Johnson Andrzej Zieleniec Youth Subcultures in Fiction Film
- 2021-08-09Palgrave Studies in Music and Literature Gerry Smyth Music and Sound in the Life and Literature of James Joyce Joyces Noyces
- 2021-08-03Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music Kirsty Lohman auth The Connected Lives of Dutch Punks Coning Subcultural Boundaries Palgrave Macmillan
- 2021-08-02Queer Atlantic Masculinity, Mobility, and the Emergence of Modernist Form
- 2021-04-19Masculinity, Identity, and Power Politics in the Age of Justinian: A Study of Procopius
- 2020-12-26Masculinity, Militarism and Eighteenth-Century Culture, 1689-1815
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.