Posted on 2014-02-14. By anonymous.
2014 | 436 Pages | ISBN: 1466568364 | PDF | 35 MB
The use of organic management practices in field cropping continues to rise globally, and these methods have proven to be a viable way to produce food with reduced resource use and environmental damage. Managing Energy, Nutrients, and Pests in Organic Field Crops challenges the popular misconception that organic systems are weak at managing energy, nutrients, and pests and shows how innovative farm designs can enhance organic performance. It provides information for assessing the current state of knowledge on organic field cropping and for making the systems more viable.
Each chapter summarizes the latest data from a wide range of sources, creating a comprehensive and coherent picture of the issues and integrating agronomic, economic, and policy aspects. Many chapters also include recent research from the authors. Section I, Soil Health, examines the importance of phosphorus balance, soil fertility, and tillage reduction. Section II, Pest Management, focuses on integrated weed management and long-term approaches to insect management.
Section III, Integrating Approaches, addresses multiple field cropping challenges. Chapters cover the oldest organic rotational trials in Canada, the issue of using cereals bred for conventional systems and more targeted organic cereal breeding strategies, and case studies of a broad spectrum of farming experiences that explore the broader social and ecological landscape. The final section, Economics, Energy, and Policy, examines environmental issues not previously addressed in the text as well as consumer, economic, and rural community matters. It also presents a reprint of an article that describes policies and programs (and their costs) needed to advance adoption of organic farming in Ontario. The text wraps up with key conclusions and a discussion of overarching themes for the book, summarizing the strengths of the available tool box for organic producers and the challenges that remain.
- Ebooks list page : 25148
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Managing Energy, Nutrients, and Pests in Organic Field Crops
- 2019-01-31Growth and mineral nutrition of field crops
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Growth and Mineral Nutrition of Field Crops, Third Edition (Books in Soils, Plants, and the Environment)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Profitability of Organic Field Crops
- 2013-07-10Growth and Mineral Nutrition of Field Crops, Third Edition (Books in Soils, Plants, and the Environment) (repost)
- 2012-03-12Managing Enterprise Risk: What the Electric Industry Experience Implies for Contemporary Business (Elsevier Global Energy Policy and Economics Series)
- 2011-08-13Improving the Scientific Basis for Managing DOE's Excess Nuclear Materials and Spent Nuclear Fuel
- 2020-07-27Managing Energy Risk: An Integrated View on Power and Other Energy Markets (The Wiley Finance Series) Ed 2
- 2020-06-07Managing Indoor Environments and Energy in Buildings with Integrated Intelligent Systems (Green Energy and Technology)
- 2019-12-18The Palgrave Handbook of Managing Fossil Fuels and Energy Transitions - Removed
- 2019-01-15Inside Energy Developing and Managing an ISO 50001 Energy Management System
- 2019-01-10Inside Energy Developing and Managing an ISO 50001 Energy Management System
- 2018-10-30Managing energy risk a nontechnical guide to markets and trading
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Managing Energy Risk: An Integrated View on Power and Other Energy Markets
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Managing Energy Costs: A Behavioral and Non-Technical Approach
- 2018-01-12[PDF] The Power of Full Engagement: Managing Energy, Not Time, Is the Key to High Performance and Personal Renewal
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Natural and Constructed Wetlands: Nutrients, heavy metals and energy cycling, and flow - Removed
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Managing Energy Risk: An Integrated View on Power and Other Energy Markets (The Wiley Finance Series)
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Home Energy Information: Measuring and Managing Energy Consumption in Residential Buildings - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.