Making the New Middle East: Politics, Culture, and Human Rights (Contemporary Issues in the Middle East)
Posted on 2019-12-20, by rizentrop.
Demands for freedom, justice, and dignity have animated protests and revolutions across the Middle East in recent years, from the Iranian Green Movement and the Arab Spring uprisings to Turkey’s March for Justice and the ongoing struggle in Palestine. Although expectations raised by the Arab Spring were largely disappointed and protests that toppled entrenched rulers unleashed vicious counterrevolutionary forces, there is no doubt that the landscape of the Middle East has changed. Drawing from diverse disciplines, this volume offers critical perspectives on these changes, covering politics, religion, gender dynamics, human rights, media, literature, and music. What ultimately has changed in “the new Middle East”? Who are the actors pushing the direction of change? How are aspirations for change being expressed through media and the arts? With extensive analysis and thoughtful reflection, this book gives readers an in-depth portrayal of a modernizing Middle East.
- Ebooks list page : 42188
- 2020-06-21Global Bioethics and Human Rights: Contemporary Issues - Removed
- 2016-09-09Global Bioethics and Human Rights Contemporary Issues
- 2019-01-15The Already Dead The New Time of Politics, Culture, and Illness
- 2019-01-10The Already Dead The New Time of Politics, Culture, and Illness
- 2018-12-26The Already Dead The New Time of Politics, Culture, and Illness
- 2020-03-15Writing Beyond the State: Post-Sovereign Approaches to Human Rights in Literary Studies (Palgrave Studies in Literature, Culture and Human Rights)
- 2018-11-01Remote Freedoms Politics, Personhood and Human Rights in Aboriginal Central Australia
- 2018-09-08Remote Freedoms Politics, Personhood and Human Rights in Aboriginal Central Australia
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Towards New Global Strategies: Public Goods and Human Rights
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Mediating Human Rights: Media, Culture and Human Rights Law (Glasshouse Books)
- 2012-02-24Gender, Culture and Human Rights: Reclaiming Universalism (Human Rights Law in Perspective) - Siobhan Mullally
- 2011-12-21Gender, Culture and Human Rights: Reclaiming Universalism (Human Rights Law in Perspective)
- 2009-03-13Towards New Global Strategies: Public Goods and Human Rights
- 2019-11-21Latino and Muslim in America: Race, Religion, and the Making of a New Minority (AAR Religion, Culture, and History)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Digital Online Culture, Identity, and Schooling in the Twenty-First Century (New Frontiers in Education, Culture and Politics) - Removed
- 2021-08-29Awakening China Politics, Culture, and Class in the Nationalist Revolution
- 2021-07-24Deleuze And Guattari New Mappings in Politics, Philosophy, and Culture
- 2021-03-25Politics, Culture, and the Irish American Press: 1784-1963 (Irish Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.