Posted on 2020-12-25, by book24h.
Ben Hubbard, "MBS: The Rise to Power of Mohammed bin Salman"
English | ISBN: 1984823825 | 2020 | 384 pages | MOBI | 8 MB
A NEW YORK TIMES EDITORS' CHOICE * A gripping, behind-the-scenes portrait of the rise of Saudi Arabia's secretive and mercurial new ruler
"Revelatory . . . a vivid portrait of how MBS has altered the kingdom during his half-decade of rule."-The Washington Post
NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY Financial Times * Foreign Affairs * Kirkus Reviews
MBS is the untold story of how a mysterious young prince emerged from Saudi Arabia's sprawling royal family to overhaul the economy and society of the richest country in the Middle East-and gather as much power as possible into his own hands. Since his father, King Salman, ascended to the throne in 2015, Mohammed bin Salman has leveraged his influence to restructure the kingdom's economy, loosen its strict Islamic social codes, and confront its enemies around the region, especially Iran. That vision won him fans at home and on Wall Street, in Silicon Valley, in Hollywood, and at the White House, where President Trump embraced the prince as a key player in his own vision for the Middle East. But over time, the sheen of the visionary young reformer has become tarnished, leaving many struggling to determine whether MBS is in fact a rising dictator whose inexperience and rash decisions are destabilizing the world's most volatile region.
Based on years of reporting and hundreds of interviews, MBS reveals the machinations behind the kingdom's catastrophic military intervention in Yemen, the bizarre detention of princes and businessmen in the Riyadh Ritz-Carlton, and the shifting Saudi relationships with Israel and the United States. And finally, it sheds new light on the greatest scandal of the young autocrat's rise: the brutal killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by Saudi agents in Istanbul, a crime that shook Saudi Arabia's relationship with Washington and left the world wondering whether MBS could get away with murder.
MBS is a riveting, eye-opening account of how the young prince has wielded vast powers to reshape his kingdom and the world around him.
Praise for MBS
"Saudi Arabia is testing the extremes of tradition and innovation, of half-baked visions and intensifying repression. Ben Hubbard's authoritative reporting on the inner sanctums of its society offers a perfect synthesis of journalism and area expertise: the best description we have at the moment of why things happen as they do in the kingdom."-Robert D. Kaplan, author of The Return of Marco Polo's World
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 45885
- 2020-05-04Mbs The Rise To Power Of Mohammed Bin Salman By Ben Hubbard
- 2020-03-18MBS: The Rise to Power of Mohammed bin Salman
- 2012-06-03Vanished Kingdoms: The Rise and Fall of States and Nations - Removed
- 2011-09-22The Rise of Games and High Performance Computing for Modeling and Simulation
- 2020-10-11Behind the Kingdom's Veil: Inside the New Saudi Arabia Under Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman [Audiobook]
- 2020-08-29Blood and Oil: Mohammed bin Salman's Ruthless Quest for Global Power
- 2020-08-09David Carpenter - Henry III The Rise to Power and Personal Rule, 1207-1258 (The ...
- 2012-01-12Samantha Power – Chasing the Flame: Sergio Vieira de Mello and the Fight to Save the World - Samantha Power
- 2021-03-12China's Rise to Power in the Global Order: Grand Strategic Implications - Removed
- 2021-03-02The Rise of Western Power: A Comparative History of Western Civilization, 2nd Edition
- 2021-02-11The Rise of Western Power: A Comparative History of Western Civilization, 2nd Edition
- 2021-01-21The Rise of Western Power A Comparative History of Western Civilization
- 2021-01-09The Rise of Technological Power in the South
- 2020-09-14Blood and Oil: Mohammed bin Salmans Ruthless Quest for Global Power [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-25The Savage Wars of Peace: Small Wars and the Rise of American Power
- 2020-07-23Queen of the Professions: The Rise and Decline of Medical Prestige and Power in America
- 2020-07-23A Kim Jong-Il Production: The Extraordinary True Story of a Kidnapped Filmmaker, His Star Actress, and a Young Dictator's Rise to Power
- 2020-06-29The Habsburgs The Rise and Fall of a World Power
- 2020-06-25The Habsburgs The Rise and Fall of a World Power
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.