Longing and Letting Go: Christian and Hindu Practices of Passionate Non-Attachment (AAR ACADEMY SER)
Posted on 2020-04-22, by books_lover.
Mirabai, a sixteenth-century Indian princess, wrote passionate love songs to Lord Krishna. Hadewijch, a thirteenth-century European Beguine, wrote of her yearning to become Love itself, to be "God with God." Each woman practiced a full-bodied, sensuously-imaged longing for love; at the same time, each also practiced certain ascetic disciplines. Spanning centuries, continents, and religious traditions, this book juxtaposes Hadewijch's and Mirabai's inextricable energies of longing and letting go as resources for a comparative theology of passionate non-attachment. Within both Hinduism and Christianity, desire and renunciation are often presented as opposites; yet, both Mirabai and Hadewijch, in their own distinct ways, illuminate the integral, tensile relationship between these concepts. Rather than choosing one or the other, each woman's dual practices of longing and letting go not only take her on an inward spiritual journey but also deeply involve her in the beauty and suffering of t
- Ebooks list page : 43345
- 2011-04-25Muslims, Scholars, Soldiers: The Origin and Elaboration of the Ibadi Imamate Traditions (Aar Academy Ser)
- 2011-08-19What Writing Does and How It Does It: An Introduction to Analyzing Texts and Textual Practices
- 2011-02-27C Coding Standards: 101 Rules, Guidelines, and Best Practices
- 2009-05-21Java EE and .Net Interoperability: Integration Strategies, Patterns, and Best Practices
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Ancient Christian Martyrdom: Diverse Practices, Theologies, and Traditions (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Making of Romantic Love: Longing and Sexuality in Europe, South Asia, and Japan, 900-1200 CE (Chicago Studies in Practices of Meaning)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Ancient Christian Martyrdom: Diverse Practices, Theologies, and Traditions (The Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Making of Romantic Love: Longing and Sexuality in Europe, South Asia, and Japan, 900-1200 CE (Chicago Studies in Practices of Meaning) - Removed
- 2012-06-04Ajax Patterns and Best Practices (Expert's Voice) by Christian Gross (Repost)
- 2011-12-28Ajax Patterns and Best Practices
- 2011-05-11Ajax Patterns and Best Practices
- 2010-01-28Ajax Patterns and Best Practices (Expert’s Voice) by Christian Gross
- 2009-05-17Ajax Patterns and Best Practices (Expert's Voice) by Christian Gross
- 2007-12-22Ajax Patterns and Best Practices by Christian Gross
- 2007-05-27Ajax Patterns and Best Practices (Expert%27s Voice)
- 2020-06-30New Perspectives on Curriculum, Learning and Assessment (Evaluating Education: Normative Systems and Institutional Practices)
- 2020-06-29Lean Project Delivery and Integrated Practices in Modern Construction, 2nd Edition
- 2020-06-24Lean Project Delivery and Integrated Practices in Modern Construction, 2nd Edition
- 2020-06-24The Chinese Herbs - Some mind and body practices used in traditional Chinese medic...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.