Posted on 2013-12-14. By anonymous.
2013 | 316 Pages | ISBN: 0810885646 | EPUB + MOBI | 1 MB + 2 MB
The musical scores of Stanley Kubrick's films are often praised as being innovative and forward-looking. Despite playing such an important part in his productions, however, the ways in which Kubrick used music to great effect is still somewhat mysterious to many viewers. Although some viewers may know a little about the music in 2001 or A Clockwork Orange, few are aware of the particulars behind the music in Kubrick's other films. In Listening to Stanley Kubrick: The Music in His Films, Christine Lee Gengaro provides an in-depth exploration of the music that was composed for Kubrick's films and places the pre-existent music he utilized into historical context. Gengaro discusses the music in every single work, from Kubrick's first films, including the documentary shorts The Flying Padre and Day of the Fight, through all of his feature films, from Fear and Desire to Eyes Wide Shut. No film is left out; no cue is ignored. Besides closely examining the scores composed by Gerald Fried for Kubrick's early works, Gengaro pays particular attention to five of the director's most provocative and acclaimed films-2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, The Shining, and Eyes Wide Shut. For each film, she engages the reader by explaining how the music was excerpted (and changed, in some cases), and how the historical facts about a musical piece add layers of meaning-sometimes unintended-to the films. Meant for film lovers, music lovers, and scholars, Listening to Stanley Kubrick is a thoroughly researched examination into the musical elements of one of cinema's most brilliant artists. Appropriate for a cinema studies or music classroom, this volume will also appeal to any fan of Kubrick's films.
- Ebooks list page : 24156
- 2012-01-15The Philosophy of Stanley Kubrick (The Philosophy of Popular Culture) - Jerold J. Abrams
- 2011-12-05The Philosophy of Stanley Kubrick (The Philosophy of Popular Culture) - Jerold J. Abrams
- 2020-02-25Eyes Wide Shut: Stanley Kubrick and the Making of His Final Film
- 2011-12-01The Philosophy of Stanley Kubrick
- 2021-01-13Stanley Myers Otley Music from the Film Score (1968)
- 2020-09-14Maurice Duruflé: The Man and His Music
- 2020-08-19Stanley Kubrick and Me: Thirty Years at His Side
- 2020-04-24The Music of the Stanley Brothers (Music in American Life)
- 2019-08-01@#(Excellent) - Why You Should Read Face the Music: A Life Exposed by Paul Stanley Online or Download [$PDF $EPUB $MOBI] - Removed
- 2019-01-11Bridge of Waves What Music Is and How Listening to It Changes the World - Removed
- 2018-12-27Bridge of Waves What Music Is and How Listening to It Changes the World - Removed
- 2018-09-08The Philosophy of Stanley Kubrick
- 2018-08-16Space Odyssey Stanley Kubrick, Arthur C. Clarke, and the Making of a Masterpiece [Audiobook]
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Prince: The Man and His Music
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Stanley Kubrick and Me: Thirty Years at His Side
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Depth of Field: Stanley Kubrick, Film, and the Uses of History
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Shostakovich: The Man and His Music (Shostakovich CL)
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Stanley Kubrick: Adapting the Sublime
- 2017-11-30[PDF] We'll Meet Again: Musical Design in the Films of Stanley Kubrick
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.