Posted on 2013-10-13. By anonymous.
Publisher: Home Office | 2013 | ISBN: 0113413408/0113413602 | English | PDF+MP3 | 160 pages | 261 Mb
“From 25 March 2013, people seeking permanent residence in the UK or naturalisation as a British citizen will have to pass a new updated Life in the UK test.
The new test is based on a new revised handbook called Life in the UK: A Guide for New Residents (3rd edition). The new handbook has been updated to give people a more accurate image of life in the UK, with a greater focus on British culture and history.
The first chapter talks about the values and principles of the UK and how to become a permanent resident or citizen of the UK.
The second chapter, called What is the UK?, is a very short one describing the different countries that make up the UK.
The third chapter called A Long and Illustrious History is by far the longest chapter in this new handbook. The previous test did not cover very much of the UK history. But this new chapter covers the entire UK history from the Stone Age to the 2010 coalition government. It describes in details, for example, the Middle Ages, The Tudors and Stuarts period, and the First and Second World War. Most of the Kings and Queens of Britain are talked about, and special descriptions have been written about prominent British figures such as William Shakespeare, Winston Churchill or Margaret Thatcher. This chapter also describes the main wars that Britain has been involved in over the centuries, from the battles against the Vikings to the latest conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. Here is the chapter content:
â€¢ Early Britain
â€¢ The Middle Ages
â€¢ The Tudors and Stuarts
â€¢ A global power
â€¢ The 20th century
â€¢ Britain since 1945
The fourth chapter, called A Modern, Thriving Society, describes the UK today with the following chapter content:
â€¢ The UK today
â€¢ Customs and tradition
â€¢ Arts and culture
â€¢ Places of interest
The last chapter, called The UK Government, the Law and Your Role, gives information on government, democracy, the legal system and how people can contribute to their community. In this chapter, a great emphasis is given on the responsibilities as well as privileges of living in the UK. The chapter content is as follow:
â€¢ The development of British democracy
â€¢ The British constitution
â€¢ The government
â€¢ The UK and international institutions
â€¢ Respecting the law
â€¢ Fundamental principles
â€¢ Your role in the community
The new handbook testable content (which is the whole book except the glossary) is about 11,500 words longer than the previous handbook testable content. In addition, this new handbook has now about 210 dates to remember (as opposed to only about 30 for the previous handbook). So the new handbook has much more information to learn.
Like the old Life in the UK test, the new test consists of 24 multiple-choice questions that you will have to answer in 45 minutes.
If you are planning on taking your Life in the UK test the Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition - Audio CD in the style of listen and learn. It contains all the official learning material from the handbook and is spoken in clear, simple English - making it easy to understand.
This essential Audio CD contains a range of topics you need to know to pass your test and apply for UK citizenship or permanent residency, including:
â€¢The process of becoming a citizen or permanent resident
â€¢The values and principles of the UK
â€¢Traditions and culture from around the UK
â€¢The events and people that have shaped the UK's history
â€¢The government and the law
â€¢Getting involved in your community”
- Ebooks list page : 23466
- 2018-07-17Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents (3rd edition) by Home Office
- 2010-06-11Welcome to the United States: A Guide for New Immigrants
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Life in the United Kingdom: Handbook: A Guide for New Residents
- 2017-01-03[PDF] Life in the United Kingdom: Handbook: A Guide for New Residents
- 2014-06-18Rules, Britannia: An Insider's Guide to Life in the United Kingdom - Removed
- 2014-06-12Rules, Britannia: An Insider's Guide to Life in the United Kingdom (repost) - Removed
- 2012-02-03Rules, Britannia: An Insider’s Guide to Life in the United Kingdom - Toni Summers Hargis
- 2011-08-19Rules, Britannia: An Insider's Guide to Life in the United Kingdom
- 2009-04-10Rules, Britannia: An Insider's Guide to Life in the United Kingdom
- 2009-01-12Life in the United Kingdom Test - Citizenship study guide - Removed
- 2009-01-12Life in the United Kingdom Test - Citizenship study guide and audio CD-ROM
- 2011-09-14Importing Into the United States: A Guide for Commercial Importers
- 2011-03-20Life in the United Kingdom: A Journey to Citizenship.
- 2009-05-09Exporting to the United States A Guide for Canadian Businesses 2008
- 2011-11-26Human Rights in the Prevention and Punishment of Terrorism: Commonwealth Approaches: The United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
- 2011-08-29Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals: Eighth Edition
- 2012-04-19The Motley Fool Money Guide by Selena M [REPOST]
- 2012-01-01Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes Peer Reviews: United Kingdom 2011
- 2011-09-16Global Forum on Transparency and Exchange of Information for Tax Purposes Peer Reviews: United Kingdom 2011
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.