Life Cycle Assessment of Energy Systems
Posted on 2018-05-22, by perica123.
Nicholas Sakellariou, "Life Cycle Assessment of Energy Systems: Closing the Ethical Loophole of Social Sustainability"
English | ISBN: 111941816X | 2018 | 366 pages | PDF | 3 MB
This groundbreaking work is the most in-depth and state-of-the-art study on the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of energy systems, the only volume available on this critical subject.
Energy and sustainability are two of the most important and often most misunderstood subjects in our world today. As these two subjects have grown in importance over the last few decades, interest in the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) model has grown as well, as a potentially crucial tool in understanding and striving towards sustainability in energy systems. Not just wind and solar systems, but all energy systems, need to be understood through this model.
Wind and solar power have the potential to decentralize the U.S. energy system by offering local communities electricity and economic support, depending on the scale and design of projects. Nevertheless, every energy technology potentially faces environmental costs, lay and expert opposition, and risks to public health. Engineers play a central role as designers, builders, and operators in energy systems. As they extend their expertise into electrical, mechanical and chemical fields, from fossil fuel-based systems to renewable energy systems, "sustainability" is steadily becoming one of the key criteria engineers apply in their work. This groundbreaking new study argues that engineering cultures foster sustainability by adopting assumptions and problem-solving practices as part of their identities when designing and building engineering projects.
This work examines the politics of creating, utilizing, and modifying Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) in the construction of renewable energy systems. The only volume of its kind ever written, it is a must-have for any engineer, scientist, manager, or other professional working in or interested in Life Cycle Assessment and its relation to energy systems and impact on environmental and economic sustainability.
This groundbreaking new study:
Analyzes the politics of engineering identity formation in relation to social, political, regulatory and community pressure to reshape the boundaries of LCA
Offers a broad conceptual analysis of "sustainability engineering" in the U.S., outlining its history, epistemology and politics
Focuses on two case studies of renewable energy system building, solar and wind project development in California and the decommissioning of wind turbine blades, to understand in more detail the politics of LCA in renewable technologies
Proposes one of the first studies to focus on the politics of deciding what sustainability means in renewable energy systems
Is a valuable contribution, not just to the energy industry and to LCA professionals, but also to teachers and their students
Sponsored High Speed Downloads
9732 dl's @ 2562 KB/sDownload Now [Full Version]
9254 dl's @ 3878 KB/sDownload Link 1 - Fast Download
7606 dl's @ 2730 KB/sDownload Mirror - Direct Download
Search More...Life Cycle Assessment of Energy Systems
Download this book
No active download links here?Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.
- Ebooks list page : 36196
- 2019-12-23Life Cycle Assessment of Energy Systems: Closing the Ethical Loophole of Social Sustainability
- 2019-12-04Life Cycle Assessment of Energy Systems and Sustainable Energy Technologies: The Italian Experience (Green Energy and Technology)
- 2018-07-14Life Cycle Assessment of Energy Systems Closing the Ethical Loophole of Social Sustainability
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Waste Energy for Life Cycle Assessment (Green Energy and Technology) - Removed
- 2014-01-03Life-Cycle Analysis of Energy Systems - eazydoc.com
- 2013-09-10Life-Cycle Analysis of Energy Systems
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Designing Renewable Energy Systems: A Life Cycle Assessment Approach
- 2020-02-29Refining Biomass Residues for Sustainable Energy and Bioproducts: Technology, Advances, Life Cycle Assessment, and Economics
- 2018-12-13Social Life Cycle Assessment Case Studies from the Textile and Energy Sectors
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Life Cycle Assessment of Renewable Energy Sources - Removed
- 2023-03-04Progress on Life Cycle Assessment in Textiles and Clothing - Removed
- 2023-02-01Techno-economics and Life Cycle Assessment of Bioreactors
- 2023-01-04Sustainable Products Life Cycle Assessment, Risk Management, Supply Chains, Eco-Design
- 2022-07-29Life Cycle Assessment Handbook A Guide for Environmentally Sustainable Products
- 2022-06-22Life Cycle Assessment New Developments And Multi-disciplinary Applications
- 2022-06-22Life Cycle Assessment Future Challenges
- 2021-11-17Udemy - Fundamentals of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- 2021-11-16Fundamentals of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- 2021-01-07Progress in Life Cycle Assessment 2019
No comments for "Life Cycle Assessment of Energy Systems".
Add Your Comments
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.