[share_ebook] Liberal Pluralism: The Implications of Value Pluralism for Political Theory and Practice
Author: William A. Galston
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Posted on 2011-08-30, by sharebookfree.
Liberal Pluralism: The Implications of Value Pluralism for Political Theory and Practice
William A. Galston | Cambridge University Press | 2011-05-30 | 150 pages | English | PDF
William Galston is a distinguished political philosopher whose work is informed by the experience of having served from 1993-1995 as President Clinton's Deputy Assistant for Domestic Policy. Isaiah Berlin first advanced the moral theory of value pluralism in the 1950s and it subsequently was developed by a number of distinguisthed scholars, including Galston. In Liberal Pluralism, Galston defends a version of value pluralism for political theory and practice. Against the contentions of John Gray and others, Galston argues that value pluralism undergirds a kind of liberal politics that gives great weight to the ability of individuals and groups to live their lives in accordance with their deepest beliefs about what gives meaning and purpose to life. This account of liberal pluralism is shown to have important implications for political deliberation and decision-making, for the design of public institutions, and for the division of legitimate authority among government, religious institutions, civil society, parents and families, and individuals. Liberal pluralism leads to a vision of a good society in which political institutions are active in a limited sphere and in which, within broad limits, families and civil associations may organize and conduct themselves in ways that are not congruent with the principles that govern the public sphere. William Galston is Professor, School of Public Affairs, University of Maryland and Director at the Institute for Philosophy and Public Policy. He is the author of Liberal Purposes (Cambridge, 1991), which won the Spitz Prize. Galston's other books include Justice and the Human Good (Chicago, 1980) and IKant and the Problem of History (Chicago, 1975). He is also a Senior Advisor to the Democratic Leadership Council and the Progressive Policy Institute.
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 13209
- 2017-12-13[PDF] The Handbook of Addiction Treatment for Women: Theory and Practice
- 2013-03-15The Handbook of Addiction Treatment for Women: Theory and Practice (repost)
- 2009-01-31The Handbook of Addiction Treatment for Women: Theory and Practice
- 2020-05-27The Refusal of Work: Rethinking Post-Work Theory and Practice
- 2020-05-22The Metaphysics of Terror: The Incoherent System of Contemporary Politics (Political Theory and Contemporary Philosophy)
- 2020-05-10The Refusal of Work: Rethinking Post-Work Theory and Practice
- 2020-01-27Doing Things Differently: The Influence of Donald Meltzer on Psychoanalytic Theory and Practice (Tavistock Clinic Series)
- 2019-07-16@(Precious) - Why You Should Read The Refusal of Work: Rethinking Post-Work Theory and Practice by David Frayne Online or Download [~MOBI ~EPUB ~PDF]
- 2019-05-10The Basics of Psychotherapy An Introduction to Theory and Practice, Second Edition
- 2019-05-05The Handbook of Conflict Resolution (3rd Edition) Theory and Practice [Audiobook]
- 2019-04-29The Handbook of Conflict Resolution (3rd Edition) Theory and Practice [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-25The Handbook of Conflict Resolution (3rd Edition) Theory and Practice [Audiobook]
- 2019-03-18The Basics of Psychotherapy An Introduction to Theory and Practice, Second Edition
- 2018-12-19Chaos and Complexity Implications for Psychological Theory and Practice
- 2018-06-04Real Options Valuation The Importance of Interest Rate Modelling in Theory and Practice
- 2018-04-22The SAGE Handbook of Persuasion Developments in Theory and Practice
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Adaptation and the Avant-Garde: Alternative Perspectives on Adaptation Theory and Practice
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The Politics of Nihilism: From the Nineteenth Century to Contemporary Israel (Political Theory and Contemporary Philosophy)
- 2017-10-24[PDF] The Refusal of Work: Rethinking Post-Work Theory and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.