Posted on 2018-07-18, by nokia241186.
Eric A. Posner, Steve Menasche (Narrator), "Last Resort: The Financial Crisis and the Future of Bailouts"
ASIN: B07CZRD74X, ISBN: 197736232X | 2018 | [email0;protected] kbps | ~09:09:00 | 261 MB
The bailouts during the recent financial crisis enraged the public. They felt unfair - and counterproductive: people who take risks must be allowed to fail. If we reward firms that make irresponsible investments, costing taxpayers billions of dollars, aren't we encouraging them to continue to act irresponsibly, setting the stage for future crises? And beyond the ethics of it was the question of whether the government even had the authority to bail out failing firms like Bear Stearns and AIG.
The answer, according to Eric A. Posner, is no. The federal government freely and frequently violated the law with the bailouts - but it did so in the public interest. An understandable lack of sympathy toward Wall Street has obscured the fact that bailouts have happened throughout economic history and are unavoidable in any modern, market-based economy. And they're actually good. Contrary to popular belief, the financial system cannot operate properly unless the government stands ready to bail out banks and other firms.
Taking up the common objections raised by both right and left, Posner argues that future bailouts will occur. Acknowledging that inevitability, we can and must look ahead and carefully assess our policy options before we need them.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36728
- 2018-07-18Last Resort The Financial Crisis and the Future of Bailouts
- 2012-01-21Examination of the U.S. Air Force’s Aircraft Sustainment Needs in the Future and Its Strategy to Meet Those Needs - Committee On Examination Of The U.S. Air Force's Aircraft Sustainment Needs In The Future And Its St
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2012-01-19Governance and Opportunity in Metropolitan America - Committee On Improving The Future Of U.S. Cities Through Improved Metropolitan Area Governance
- 2011-11-05Preparing for the Revolution: Information Technology and the Future of the Research University
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2017-12-07[PDF] The Global Minotaur: America, The True Origins of the Financial Crisis and the Future of the World Economy (Economic Controversies)
- 2012-05-11Bodenplatte: The Luftwaffe's Last Hope. The Attack on Allied Airfields, New Year's Day 1945
- 2012-01-01The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-09-12"The Future of Photovoltaic Manufacturing in the United States" by Rapp. Charles W. Wessner
- 2011-09-03The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (Institute of Medicine)
- 2021-09-03Greek Culture After the Financial Crisis and the Covid-19 Crisis - Removed
- 2020-09-13Crisis and Terror in the Age of Anxiety: 9/11, the Global Financial Crisis and ISIS
- 2020-07-22Hidden in Plain Sight: What Really Caused the Worlds Worst Financial Crisis and Why It Could Happen Again
- 2020-05-18The Global Financial Crisis and the Indian Economy (Springerbriefs in Economics)
- 2020-04-30The Watchdog That Didn’t Bark: The Financial Crisis and the Disappearance of Investigative Journalism (Columbia Journalism Review Books) - Removed
- 2020-02-07Unfinished Business: The Unexplored Causes of the Financial Crisis and the Lessons Yet to be Learned
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.