Justice, Luck & Responsibility in Health Care: Philosophical Background and Ethical Implications for End-of-Life Care
Posted on 2014-02-12. By anonymous.
Yvonne Denier, â€ŽChris A.E. Gastmans, â€ŽToon Vandevelde - Justice, Luck & Responsibility in Health Care: Philosophical Background and Ethical Implications for End-of-Life Care
Published: 2012-12-23 | ISBN: 9400753349 | PDF | 242 pages | 3 MB
In this book, an international group of philosophers, economists and theologians focus on the relationship between justice, luck and responsibility in health care. Together, they offer a thorough reflection on questions such as: How should we understand justice in health care? Why are health care interests so important that they deserve special protection? How should we value health? What are its functions and do these make it different from other goods? Furthermore, how much equality should there be? Which inequalities in health and health care are unfair and which are simply unfortunate? Which matters of health care belong to the domain of justice, and which to the domain of charity? And to what extent should we allow personal responsibility to play a role in allocating health care services and resources, or in distributing the costs?
With this book, the editors meet a double objective. First, they provide a comprehensive philosophical framework for understanding the concepts of justice, luck and responsibility in contemporary health care; and secondly, they explore whether these concepts have practical force to guide normative discussions in specific contexts of health care such as prevention of infectious diseases or in matters of reproductive technology. Particular and extensive attention is paid to issues regarding end-of-life care.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 25122
- 2011-10-01Digital Infrastructure for the Learning Health System: The Foundation for Continuous Improvement in Health and Health Care: Workshop Series Summary (The Learning Health System Series)
- 2019-01-15The New Genetics From Research into Health Care Social and Ethical Implications for Users and Pro - Removed
- 2019-01-10The New Genetics From Research into Health Care Social and Ethical Implications for Users and Pro
- 2018-12-21The New Genetics From Research into Health Care Social and Ethical Implications for Users and Pro...
- 2012-03-16Comparative Effectiveness and Efficacy Research and Analysis for Practice (CEERAP): Applications in Health Care By Xenia Maria Caldeira Brant (Editor), Corazon B. Cajulis (Editor), Francesco Chiappelli (Editor)
- 2012-01-01Pricing the Priceless: A Health Care Conundrum by Joseph P. Newhouse
- 2011-12-28Fostering Rapid Advances in Health Care: Learning from System Demonstrations
- 2011-12-06Fostering Rapid Advances in Health Care: Learning from System Demonstrations
- 2011-11-25Marilyn Sue Bogner, Misadventures In Health Care Inside Stories - Removed
- 2011-10-31Computational Technology for Effective Health Care: Immediate Steps and Strategic Directions
- 2011-09-21Child and Adolescent Health and Health Care Quality: Measuring What Matters
- 2011-09-12"Pricing the Priceless: A Health Care Conundrum" by Joseph P. Newhouse
- 2011-07-16Digital Infrastructure for the Learning Health System: The Foundation for Continuous Improvement in Health and Health Care: Workshop Series Summary (The Learning Health System Series)
- 2018-07-25Sultz & Young's Health Care USA
- 2009-07-17Inside the Minds: the Art & Science of Health Care Law: Leading Lawyers
- 2010-02-28Lung Biology in Health & Disease Volume 221 Inhalation Aerosols: Physical and Biological Basis for Therapy, Second Edition
- 2020-07-02The Conversation: A Revolutionary Plan for End-of-Life Care
- 2020-01-10Spirituality and Hospice Social Work (End-of-Life Care: A Series)
- 2019-07-20Legal and Ethical Issues for Health Professionals, 5th Edition
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.