Posted on 2014-02-24. By anonymous.
Joy of Thinking: The Beauty and Power of Classical Mathematical Ideas
24xDVDRip | AVI / XviD, ~1428 kb/s | 560x400 | Duration: 12 hours | English: MP3, 128 kb/s (2 ch) | 8.2 GB
“The world of mathematics contains some of the greatest ideas of humankindâ€”ideas comparable to the works of Shakespeare, Plato, and Michelangelo. These mathematical ideas can add texture, beauty, and wonder to your life. Most importantly, you don't have to be a mathematician to have access to this world.”
The Joy of Thinking is a course about fun, aesthetics, and mysteryâ€”about great mathematical ideas that arise from puzzles, observations of everyday life, and habits of curiosity and effective thinking. It is as much about learning to think abstractly as it is about what we traditionally think of as mathematics.
You explore the fourth dimension, coincidences, fractals, the allure of number, and geometry, and bring these weighty notions back down to earth to see how they apply to your own life.
Rather than focusing on adding figures or creating equations (in fact, there are fewer numbers than you might expect), this course enables you to uncover and grasp insightful strategies for approaching, enjoying, and understanding the world around you.
1. Great Ideas that Bring Our World into Focus
2. How Many? Counting Surprises
3. Fermatâ€™s Last Theorem and the Allure of Number
4. Pining for Natureâ€™s Numbers
5. Sizing up the Fibonacci Numbers
6. The Sexiest Rectangle
7. The Hidden Beauty of the Golden Rectangle
8. The Pythagorean Theorem and Geometry of Ellipses
9. Not-so-Platonic Relationships in the Platonic Solids
10. Hunting for a Sixth Platonic Solid
11. Is There a Fourth Dimension? Can We See It?
12. The Invisible Art of the Fourth Dimension
13. A Twisted Ideaâ€”The MÑ†bius Band
14. A One-Sided, Sealed Surfaceâ€”The Klein Bottle
15. Ordinary Origamiâ€”Creating Beautiful Patterns
16. Unfolding Paper to Reveal a Fiery Fractal
17. Fractalsâ€”Infinitely Complex Creations
18. Fractal Frauds of Nature
19. Chance Surprisesâ€”Measuring Uncertainty
20. Door Number Two or Door Number Three?
21. Great Expectationsâ€”Weighing the Uncertain Future
22. Random Thoughtsâ€”Randomness in Our World
23. How Surprising are Surprising Coincidences?
24. Life Lessons Learned from Mathematical Thinking
Welcome to the best movies collection (English, German, French, Spanish language), best software, best eLearning video and many-many more: LINKDo not forget to check my blog! Updated regularly!
No mirrors pls!
No active download links here?
Please check the description for download links if any or do a search to find alternative books.