Posted on 2021-01-14, by book24h.
John Muir: The Scotsman Who Saved America's Wild Places (Audiobook)
English | ASIN: B08Q25NZFP | 2021 | 10 hours and 51 minutes | MP3@64 kbps | 301 MB
Author: Mary Colwell
Narrator: John McLain
John Muir is regarded as the "father of America's national parks" and is a towering figure in the history of that country's involvement with ecology. Born into a harsh home in Dunbar, Scotland, he would often escape to revel in the birds and wildlife of the area. When his father suddenly uprooted the family and moved to the United States, the oppression he associated with his childhood continued - and so did his involvement with the natural world. Despite the difficulty of his formative years Muir grew up to be a man of great joy - first an inventor and then an explorer, he found his haven in the mountains of Sierra Nevada. He was a fascinating character: on the one hand a recluse, who sought solitude, and on the other a passionate activist, determined to save the places he loved. A strong believer in both God and the essential goodness of humanity, he was the founder and first president of the Sierra Club. This wonderful memoir pays tribute to a giant of ecology and is essential listening for lovers of natural history.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 46205
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the Couple Who Taught America How to Love [Audiobook]
- 2012-03-16John Wyndham - The Day of the Triffids
- 2012-03-12Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson - The Dog Who Couldn't Stop Loving - Removed
- 2010-04-02John H. Ritter - The Boy Who Saved Baseball - Removed
- 2021-09-03The Gambler Wife A True Story of Love, Risk, and the Woman Who Saved Dostoyevsky
- 2021-09-01The Journey The Boy Who Lost Everything And The Horses Who Saved Him [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-15Wallenberg The Incredible True Story of the Man Who Saved Thousands of Jews
- 2021-07-18The Journey The Boy Who Lost Everything...and the Horses Who Saved Him [Audiobook]
- 2021-04-13Brandywine: A Military History of the Battle that Lost Philadelphia but Saved America, September 11, 1777 [Audiobook]
- 2020-07-21Irena's Children: The Extraordinary Story of the Woman Who Saved 2,500 Children from the Warsaw Ghetto
- 2020-05-24Founding Fathers: The Essential Guide to the Men Who Made America
- 2020-05-15Ian Frazer The Man Who Saved a Million Lives
- 2019-08-23'Cherry' Ingram The Englishman Who Saved Japan's Blossoms - Removed
- 2019-07-12#$(Favorable) - Why You Should Read Grandma Gatewood's Walk: The Inspiring Story of the Woman Who Saved the Appalachian Trail by Ben Montgomery Online or Download [^PDF ^EPUB ^MOBI]
- 2019-03-26After the Flight 93 Election The Vote that Saved America and What We Still Have to Lose
- 2019-03-25After the Flight 93 Election: The Vote that Saved America and What We Still Have to Lose
- 2019-01-15The Men Who Lost America British Leadership, the American Revolution, and the Fate of the Empire
- 2019-01-10The Men Who Lost America British Leadership, the American Revolution, and the Fate of the Empire
- 2019-01-06The Men Who Lost America British Leadership, the American Revolution, and the Fate of the Empire
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.