Tag: History and Military
Posted on 2011-07-12. By anonymous.
Publisher: Simon & Schuster; 1st Touchstone Ed edition (April 2, 1998) | Language: English | ISBN-10: 0684840022 | EPUB + MOBI | 528 pages | 0.6 mb + 0.9 mb
In the spring of 1927, America witnessed perhaps its greatest natural disaster: a flood that profoundly changed race relations, government, and society in the Mississippi River valley region. Barry (The Transformed Cell, LJ 9/1/92) presents here a fascinating social history of the effects of the massive flood. More than 30 feet of water stood over land inhabited by nearly one million people. Almost 300,000 African Americans were forced to live in refugee camps for months. Many people, both black and white, left the land and never returned. Using an impressive array of primary and secondary sources, Barry clearly traces and analyzes how the changes produced by the flood in the lower South came into conflict and ultimately destroyed the old planter aristocracy, accelerated black migration to the North, and foreshadowed federal government intervention in the region's social and economic life during the New Deal. His well-written work supplants Pete Daniel's Deep'n as It Come: The 1927 Mississippi Flood (1977) as the standard work on the subject. Recommended for public and academic libraries.
Download MOBI book:
- Ebooks list page : 12312
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Rising Tide: The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927 and How it Changed America
- 2012-10-18download Dark Tide: The Great Molasses Flood of 1919 by Stephen Puleo - Removed
- 2014-05-06The Ten-Cent Plague: The Great Comic-Book Scare and How It Changed America (Audiobook)
- 2011-12-09The Mechanics of the Derivatives Markets: What They Are and How They Function
- 2021-03-01Twenty Ads That Shook the World: The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us All
- 2021-02-11Twenty Ads That Shook the World: The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us All
- 2021-01-25Twenty Ads That Shook the World The Century's Most Groundbreaking Advertising and How It Changed Us ...
- 2021-01-15Scarface Nation The Ultimate Gangster Movie and How It Changed America
- 2012-10-01The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History - Removed
- 2012-09-09The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History - Removed
- 2012-05-17Afghanistan: A Military History From Alexander The Great To The Fall Of The Taliban
- 2012-03-12David Darom - The Great Collections: Modern Custom Knives
- 2011-11-04The Skeptic s Guide to the Great Books [The Great Courses]
- 2011-10-03China, India, and the United States: The Future of Economic Supremacy" [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-28The Myths of Nutrition and Fitness [The Great Courses]
- 2011-09-20The Great Influenza: The story of the deadliest pandemic in history - Removed
- 2020-11-20Dark Tide: The Great Boston Molasses Flood of 1919, 100th Anniversary Edition
- 2019-03-10VA - Last Of The Great Mississippi Delta Bluesmen Live In Dallas (2007)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Rising Tide: The Untold Story of the Russian Submarines that Fought the Cold War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.