Posted on 2009-11-29. By anonymous.
Penguin Books | ISBN 0141805684 | Narrated by the Author | 3CDs | MP3 96kpbs | 2Hrs 40Mins | 110Mb
The reader and I are only interested in the truth. Recklessly generously illustrated. This is the book I've been secretly longing to write. There is so much in my overstuffed life that I've never talked about publicly before. All the things I love and dread are here: objects, photographs, people, letters, ideas, regrets, memories, journeys, being a model in the sixties, a daughter of the regiment, a friend of Dirk Bogarde; things I believe in, people I've met and can't forget; slumming it, lording it, failure and survival. I wanted to write about eyeliner as well as sleeping under shrunken heads in a longhouse; being an honorary New Yorker, death (and why I think about it daily) and how to get thinner fast. To give it structure I have devised a framework which is in fact, My House. I shall show the reader into every room, from front door to attic window, walking through the (colossally) sustained metaphor of my life, answering questions (which I have cunningly put) about all the stuff in the place; my things: me. Why are you photographed with the Dalai Lama? Is this the teddy bear you had on your bed at school? Did you draw this picture of your son? Why did you make these pathetic curtains? Who are you? Do you lie to the press?
About the Author
Joanna Lumley was born in India and grew up in England and the Far East. She started out modeling for Jean Muir and soon went on to become one of Britain's best-loved actresses. Renowned for her roles both on the screen and in the theatre, Joanna has played the part of leggy Purdey in The New Avengers, a Bond Girl in On Her Majesty's Secret Service and perhaps most famously as Patsy Stone in the Bafta Award winning series Absolutely Fabulous. Her first autobiography Stare Back and Smile was published in 1989 and in 1995, Joanna was awarded with an OBE shortly after making the documentary film Girl Friday.
- Ebooks list page : 3744
- 2018-01-03[PDF] No Room for Secrets
- 2014-02-24No Room for Secrets
- 2012-09-25Communicate with Confidence: Increase Your Credibility (Made for Success Collection) (Audiobook)
- 2020-11-20Empty Out the Negative: Make Room for More Joy, Greater Confidence, and New Levels of Influence [Audiobook]
- 2020-09-13Making Room for Life: Trading Chaotic Lifestyles for Connected Relationships (Audiobook)
- 2018-11-09101 Secrets for Your Twenties [Audiobook]
- 2018-08-07Business Secrets from the Bible Spiritual Success Strategies for Financial Abundance [Audiobook]
- 2014-02-28The 12 Secrets of Highly Successful Women: A Portable Life Coach for Creative Women (Audiobook)
- 2014-02-09The 12 Secrets of Highly Successful Women: A Portable Life Coach for Creative Women (Audiobook)
- 2021-04-13God of Tomorrow: How to Overcome the Fears of Today and Renew Your Hope for the Future (Audiobook)
- 2021-03-20Why We Get Mad: How to Use Your Anger for Positive Change [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-20Everything Will Be Okay: Life Lessons for Young Women [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-20The Vision Code: How to Create and Execute a Compelling Vision for Your Business [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-20They Knew They Were Pilgrims: Plymouth Colony and the Contest for American Liberty [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-09Everyday Mindfulness for OCD: Tips, Tricks & Skills for Living Joyfully [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-09Thaddeus Stevens: Civil War Revolutionary, Fighter for Racial Justice [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-09From Stress to Stillness: Tools for Inner Peace [Audiobook]
- 2021-03-09Under Our Roof: A Son's Battle for Recovery, a Mother's Battle for Her Son (Audiobook)
- 2021-03-08Let's Be Reasonable: A Conservative Case for Liberal Education (Audiobook)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.