Posted on 2018-07-14, by nokia241186.
Harold T. Davis, "Introduction to Nonlinear Differential and Integral Equations"
2010 | pages: 592 | ISBN: 0486609715 | DJVU | 7,4 mb
Within recent years interest in nonlinear equations has grown enormously. They are extremely important as basic equations in many areas of mathematical physics, and they have received renewed attention because of progress in their solution by machines.
This volume undertakes a definition of the field, indicating advances that have been made up through 1960. The author's position is that while the advent of machines has resulted in much new knowledge, one should not disregard analytical methods, since the solution of nonlinear equations possesses singularities which only the analytical method (as based upon the work of Poincare, Liapounoff, Painleve and Goursatl can discover.
After a general survey of the problem presented by nonlinear equations, the author discusses the differential equation of the first order, following this by chapters on the Riccati equation (as a bridge between linear and nonlinear equations) and existence theorems, with special reference to Cauchy's method. Second order equations are introduced via Volterra's problem and the problem of pursuit, and succeeding chapters cover elliptic integrals and functions and theta functions; differential equations of the second order; and second order differential equations of the polynomial class, with special reference to Painleve transcendents. The technique of continuous analytical continuation is shown, while phenomena of the phase plane are studied as an introduction to nonlinear mechanics. Nonlinear 111echanics is then discussed, with various classical equations like Van der Pol's equations, Emden's equation, and the Duffing problem. The remaining chapters are concerned with nonlinear integral equations, problems from the calculus of variations, and numerical integration of nonlinear equations. Throughout the book the results of distinguished analysis of the past and modern machine computations are both taken into account. Despite the thoroughness of its coverage this is a very fine introduction to this important area of mathematics, and it can easily be followed by the mathematically sophisticated reader who knows very little about nonlinear equations.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 36685
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Introduction to Nonlinear Differential and Integral Equations (Dover Books on Mathematics)
- 2013-09-11Introduction to Nonlinear Differential and Integral Equations (Repost)
- 2008-03-25Introduction to Nonlinear Differential and Integral Equations
- 2011-10-02Elliptic Theory on Singular Manifolds (Differential and Integral Equations and Their Applications)
- 2011-06-12High-Precision Methods in Eigenvalue Problems and Their Applications (Differential and Integral Equations and Their Applications)
- 2021-03-25Techniques of Functional Analysis for Differential and Integral Equations
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Hypersingular Integral Equations and Their Applications (Differential and Integral Equations and Their Applications)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] High-Precision Methods in Eigenvalue Problems and Their Applications (Differential and Integral Equations and Their Applications)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Differential and Integral Equations: Boundary Value Problems and Adjoints - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Differential and Integral Equations
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Differential and Integral Equations through Practical Problems and Exercises - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Applications of Lie Groups to Difference Equations (Differential and Integral Equations and Their Applications)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Sequence Spaces and Measures of Noncompactness with Applications to Differential and Integral Equations - Removed
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Singular Differential and Integral Equations with Applications - Removed
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Elliptic Theory on Singular Manifolds (Differential and Integral Equations and Their Applications)
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Fixed Point Theory in Ordered Sets and Applications: From Differential and Integral Equations to Game Theory - Removed
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Constructive and Computational Methods for Differential and Integral Equations: Symposium, Indiana University, February 17-20, 1974 (Lecture Notes in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Differential and Integral Equations
- 2014-03-28Singular Differential and Integral Equations with Applications (Repost) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.