Posted on 2014-01-06. By anonymous.
2011 | ISBN: 1107000823, 0521170524 | PDF | 358 pages | 2,8 MB
Seventeenth-century Europe witnessed an extraordinary flowering of discoveries and innovations. This study, beginning with the Dutch-invented telescope of 1608, casts Galileo's discoveries into a global framework. Although the telescope was soon transmitted to China, Mughal India, and the Ottoman Empire, those civilizations did not respond as Europeans did to the new instrument. In Europe, there was an extraordinary burst of innovations in microscopy, human anatomy, optics, pneumatics, electrical studies, and the science of mechanics. Nearly all of those aided the emergence of Newton's revolutionary grand synthesis, which unified terrestrial and celestial physics under the law of universal gravitation. That achievement had immense implications for all aspects of modern science, technology, and economic development. The economic implications are set out in the concluding epilogue. All these unique developments suggest why the West experienced a singular scientific and economic ascendancy of at least four centuries.
- Ebooks list page : 24528
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Intellectual Curiosity and the Scientific Revolution: A Global Perspective
- 2012-04-21Intellectual Curiosity and the Scientific Revolution: A Global Perspective
- 2011-12-25[request]Intellectual Curiosity and the Scientific Revolution: A Global Perspective
- 2014-01-19Intellectual Curiosity and the Scientific Revolution
- 2017-12-17[PDF] The Jewel House: Elizabethan London and the Scientific Revolution
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Age of Milton and the Scientific Revolution (Medieval and Renaissance Literary Studies)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Copernicus: Platonist Astronomer-Philosopher: Cosmic Order, the Movement of the Earth, and the Scientific Revolution
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Science and Technology in World History: The Black Death, the Renaissance, the Reformation and the Scientific Revolution
- 2017-01-14[PDF] The Jewel House: Elizabethan London and the Scientific Revolution
- 2013-07-17The Age of Milton and the Scientific Revolution by Angelica Duran
- 2010-02-26Distilling Knowledge: Alchemy, Chemistry, and the Scientific Revolution
- 2010-02-02Isaac Newton And The Scientific Revolution
- 2010-01-31Isaac Newton And The Scientific Revolution
- 2007-12-08Isaac Newton: And the Scientific Revolution
- 2007-11-11Isaac Newton: And the Scientific Revolution
- 2020-01-11Gender, Sexuality, and the Cold War: A Global Perspective
- 2013-10-10The American Empire and the Political Economy of Global Finance [Repost]
- 2014-04-05The Quantum Revolution: A Historical Perspective (Repost)
- 2013-02-11History of the Ancient World: A Global Perspective [repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.