Posted on 2012-07-09. By anonymous.
2012 | 576 Pages | ISBN: 0385531907 | EPUB | 5 MB
In India: A Sacred Geography, renowned Harvard scholar Diana Eck offers an extraordinary spiritual journey through the pilgrimage places of the world's most religiously vibrant culture and reveals that it is, in fact, through these sacred pilgrimages that Indiaï¿½s very sense of nation has emerged.
No matter where one goes in India, one will find a landscape in which mountains, rivers, forests, and villages are elaborately linked to the stories of the gods and heroes of Indian culture. Every place in this vast landscape has its story, and conversely, every story of Hindu myth and legend has its place. Likewise, these places are inextricably tied to one anotherï¿½not simply in the past, but in the presentï¿½through the local, regional, and transregional practices of pilgrimage.
India: A Sacred Geography tells the story of the pilgrimï¿½s India. In these pages, Diana Eck takes the reader on an extraordinary spiritual journey through the living landscape of this fascinating country ï¿½its mountains, rivers, and seacoasts, its ancient and powerful temples and shrines. Seeking to fully understand the sacred places of pilgrimage from the ground up, with their stories, connections and layers of meaning, she acutely examines Hindu religious ideas and narratives and shows how they have been deeply inscribed in the land itself. Ultimately, Eck shows us that from these networks of pilgrimage places, Indiaï¿½s very sense of region and nation has emerged. This is the astonishing and fascinating picture of a land linked for centuries not by the power of kings and governments, but by the footsteps of pilgrims.
India: A Sacred Geography offers a unique perspective on India, both as a complex religious culture and as a nation. Based on her extensive knowledge and her many decades of wide-ranging travel and research, Eck's piercing insights and a sweeping grasp of history ensure that this work will be in demand for many years to come.
- Ebooks list page : 19253
- 2017-10-07[PDF] India: A Sacred Geography
- 2017-02-08[PDF] India: A Sacred Geography
- 2020-07-26Land of Pure Vision: The Sacred Geography of Tibet and the Himalaya
- 2020-03-01Land of Pure Vision: The Sacred Geography of Tibet and the Himalaya
- 2018-09-12Sacred Geography: Geomancy: Co-creating the Earth Cosmos
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Land of Pure Vision: The Sacred Geography of Tibet and the Himalaya
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Coastal Morphodynamics: Integrated Spatial Modeling on the Deltaic Balasore Coast, India (SpringerBriefs in Geography) - Removed
- 2012-10-25Sacred Geography of the Ancient Greeks: Astrological Symbolism in Art, Architecture, and Landscape by Jean Richer (Repost)
- 2012-07-01India: A Sacred Geograph
- 2011-08-10Sacred Geography of the Ancient Greeks: Astrological Symbolism in Art, Architecture, and Landscape (S U N Y Series in Western Esoteric Traditions)
- 2011-02-22Sacred Geography of the Ancient Greeks: Astrological Symbolism in Art, Architecture, and Landscape
- 2020-06-29The Geography of India Sacred and Historic Places
- 2020-06-24The Geography of India Sacred and Historic Places
- 2011-11-18Popular Electronics (India) 1987 - 01
- 2011-11-18Popular Electronics (India) 1987 - 03
- 2020-10-11Land of the Seven Rivers: A Brief History of India's Geography [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-07Place, Ecology and the Sacred: The Moral Geography of Sustainable Communities
- 2020-02-27The History of the Arthaśāstra: Sovereignty and Sacred Law in Ancient India (Ideas in Context)
- 2019-12-10Medical Tourism in Kolkata, Eastern India (Global Perspectives on Health Geography)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.