Posted on 2021-08-06, by raymanhero.
English | ASIN: B08LZTY6TL | 2021 |kbps | ~07:27:00 | 211 MB
Heidi Boghosian, Charles Hubble (Narrator), ""I Have Nothing to Hide": And 20 Other Myths About Surveillance and Privacy"
An accessible guide that breaks down the complex issues around mass surveillance and data privacy and explores the negative consequences it can have on individual citizens and their communities.
No one is exempt from data mining: by owning a smartphone, or using social media or a credit card, we hand over private data to corporations and the government. We need to understand how surveillance and data collection operates in order to regain control over our digital freedoms - and our lives.
Attorney and data privacy expert Heidi Boghosian unpacks widespread myths around the seemingly innocuous nature of surveillance, sets the record straight about what government agencies and corporations do with our personal data, and offers solutions to take back our information. "I Have Nothing to Hide" is both a necessary mass surveillance overview and a reference book. It addresses the misconceptions around tradeoffs between privacy and security, citizen spying, and the ability to design products with privacy protections. Boghosian breaks down misinformation surrounding 21 core myths about data privacy, including:
"Surveillance makes the nation safer."
"No one wants to spy on kids."
"Police don't monitor social media."
"Metadata doesn't reveal much about me."
"Congress and the courts protect us from surveillance."
"There's nothing I can do to stop surveillance."
By dispelling myths related to surveillance, this book helps listeners better understand what data is being collected, who is gathering it, how they're doing it, and why it matters.
- Ebooks list page : 48860
- 2021-07-18I Have Nothing to Hide And 20 Other Myths About Surveillance and Privacy [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-24They Take Our Jobs! and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-14They Take Our Jobs! and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition [Audiobook]
- 2021-08-07I Have Nothing To Hide By Heidi Boghosian
- 2021-07-25I Have Nothing to Hide by Heidi Boghosian
- 2013-03-27Language For Those Who Have Nothing: Mikhail Bakhtin and the Landscape of Psychiatry (Repost)
- 2011-06-10Language For Those Who Have Nothing - Mikhail Bakhtin and the Landscape of Psychiatry (Cognition and Language: A Series in Psycholinguistics)
- 2011-04-14Language For Those Who Have Nothing: Mikhail Bakhtin and the Landscape of Psychiatry
- 2021-04-25"Prisons Make Us Safer": And 20 Other Myths about Mass Incarceration (Myths Made in America)
- 2021-04-16"Prisons Make Us Safer": And 20 Other Myths about Mass Incarceration (Myths Made in America)
- 2021-04-10"Prisons Make Us Safer": And 20 Other Myths about Mass Incarceration (Myths Made in America)
- 2020-07-14The Gluten Lie And Other Myths About What You Eat
- 2020-05-16Newton’s Apple and Other Myths about Science
- 2019-07-26^(Wonderful) - Why You Should Read The Gluten Lie: And Other Myths About What You Eat by Alan Levinovitz Online or Download [PDF, EPUB, MOBI]
- 2018-06-27They Take Our Jobs! and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition
- 2018-05-02"They Take Our Jobs!": and 20 Other Myths about Immigration, Expanded Edition
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Water is for Fighting Over: and Other Myths about Water in the West
- 2017-11-25[PDF] The Gluten Lie: And Other Myths About What You Eat
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Newton's Apple and Other Myths about Science
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.