Human Rights and the Food Sovereignty Movement: Reclaiming control (Routledge Studies in Food, Society and the Environment)
Posted on 2020-06-20, by books_lover.
Our global food system is undergoing rapid change. Since the global food crisis of 2007-2008, a range of new issues have come to public attention, such as land grabbing, food prices volatility, agrofuels and climate change. Peasant social movements are trying to respond to these challenges by organizing from the local to the global to demand food sovereignty. As the transnational agrarian movement La Via Campesina celebrates its 20th anniversary, this book takes stock of the movement’s achievements and reflects on challenges for the future. It provides an in-depth analysis of the movement’s vision and strategies, and shows how it has contributed not only to the emergence of an alternative development paradigm but also of an alternative conception of human rights. The book assesses efforts to achieve the international recognition of new human rights for peasants at the international level, namely the 'right to food sovereignty' and 'peasants’ rights'. It explores why La Via Campesina
- Ebooks list page : 43891
- 2021-06-13The Israeli Peace Movement: Anti Occupation Activism and Human Rights since the Al Aqsa Intifada
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The International Human Rights Movement: A History (Human Rights and Crimes Against Humanity)
- 2011-11-15Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-08-04Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2021-08-12Just Violence Torture and Human Rights in the Eyes of the Police
- 2021-08-05The Evolving Psyche of Law in Europe The Psychology of Human Rights and Asylum Frameworks - Removed
- 2021-03-03The United Nations: 75 Years of Promoting Peace, Human Rights, and Development
- 2021-02-11The United Nations: 75 Years of Promoting Peace, Human Rights, and Development
- 2021-01-14The United Nations 75 Years of Promoting Peace, Human Rights, and Development
- 2020-12-29Human Rights and Labor Solidarity Trade Unions in the Global Economy
- 2020-12-27Human Rights and the Negotiation of American Power
- 2020-12-07Is There a God of Human Rights The Complex Relationship Between Human Rights and Religion, a South A...
- 2020-11-25After the Holocaust: Human Rights and Genocide Education in the Approaching Post Witness Era
- 2020-11-23After the Holocaust - Human Rights and Genocide Education in the Approaching Post-...
- 2020-10-22People's Tribunals, Human Rights and the Law: Searching for Justice
- 2020-10-22The Cambridge Companion to Human Rights and Literature
- 2020-10-17Human Rights and the Environment
- 2020-06-24The Socio-Political Practice of Human Rights: Between the Universal and the Particular (Global Connections)
- 2020-06-21Cybersecurity and Human Rights in the Age of Cyberveillance
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.