Posted on 2020-09-13, by nokia241186.
English | ASIN: B08D6X364L | 2020 | kbps | ~08:14:00 | 466 MB
Ivo van Vulpen, David McKay - translator, Jonathan Davis (Narrator), "How to Find a Higgs Boson: And Other Big Mysteries in the World of the Very Small"
The history of particle physics, the hunt for the most elusive particle, and the fundamental questions the search has inspired.
How did physicists combine talent and technology to discover the Higgs boson, the last piece in our inventory of the subatomic world? How did the Higgs change our understanding of the universe? And now, nearly a decade after its detection, what comes next? Answering these questions, Ivo van Vulpen - a CERN particle physicist and member of the team behind the detection - invites us on a journey to the frontiers of our knowledge.
Enjoy van Vulpen's accessible explanation of the history of particle physics and of concepts like quantum mechanics and relativity - and ponder his inquiries regarding the search for new particles (to explain dark matter), a new force (to combine the existing fundamental forces), and new phenomena (undiscovered dimensions of space). This is a lively account of work at the world's highest-energy particle accelerator, with inspiring personal reflections on humanity's discoveries deeper and deeper into the world of the very small.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44556
- 2020-03-17How to Find a Higgs Boson―and Other Big Mysteries in the World of the Very Small
- 2020-08-07The Large Hadron Collider: The Extraordinary Story of the Higgs Boson and Other Stuff That Will Blow Your Mind
- 2017-10-12[PDF] The Large Hadron Collider: The Extraordinary Story of the Higgs Boson and Other Stuff That Will Blow Your Mind - Removed
- 2018-11-22How to Land an A330 Airbus And Other Vital Skills for the Modern Man
- 2018-11-21How to Land an A330 Airbus And Other Vital Skills for the Modern Man
- 2018-11-01Ancient Aliens and Other Unsolved Mysteries of the Past [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-25[PDF] Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 [Audiobook]
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Physics of the Future: How Science Will Shape Human Destiny and Our Daily Lives by the Year 2100 [Audiobook]
- 2012-01-23Normal Gets You Nowhere: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
- 2020-11-23Instagram for Fiction Authors - How to Find Readers, Build Community, and Sell Mo...
- 2020-11-22Instagram for Fiction Authors: How to Find Readers, Build Community, and Sell More Books
- 2020-09-14Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-26Attract The Right Girl How To Find Your Perfect Girl And Make Her Chase You Fo
- 2020-05-17Leading the Unleadable: How to Manage Mavericks, Cynics, Divas, and Other Difficult People
- 2020-05-04China's Disruptors: How Alibaba, Xiaomi, Tencent, and Other Companies are Changing the Rules of Business
- 2020-04-22Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It
- 2020-04-05How to Fall Slower Than Gravity And Other Everyday (and Not So Everyday) Uses of Mathematics and ...
- 2020-02-26Billion Dollar Brand Club: How Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, and Other Disruptors Are Remaking What We Buy
- 2019-07-26*(Incredible) - Why You Should Read Stand Out: How to Find Your Breakthrough Idea and Build a Following Around It by Dorie Clark Online or Download [!PDF !EPUB !MOBI]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.