Posted on 2018-08-22, by nokia241186.
How Not To Be A Doctor: And Other Essays by John Launer
English | May 16th, 2018 | ISBN: 1468316311 | 288 Pages | EPUB | 1.44 MB
A doctor's world laid bare in a collection of short essays that are surprising, entertaining, and moving
Doctor and medical columnist John Launer has written on the practice and teaching of medicine for many years. Now, more than fifty of his essays have been collected in How Not to Be A Doctor. Taken together, they set out an argument that being a doctor-a real doctor-should mean being able to draw on every aspect of yourself, your interests, and your experiences, however remote these may seem from the medical task of the moment.
Originating from popular columns Launer has written for medical journals, the essays range from the title essay "How Not to Be A Doctor," an ironic piece illustrating how being authentic as a doctor may mean behaving in ways you were never taught in medical school, to a story of the imagined conversation between two prehistoric medical men on the primitive diet, to the author's poignant account of being a patient himself as he received treatment for a life-threatening illness.
Some of the essays take the form of short stories, either imaginary or autobiographical, and some are contemplative in tone, while others are polemical, humorous, educational, fantastical, satirical, or dead serious. They cover a range of topics including music, poetry, literature, and psychoanalysis, as well as contemporary medical politics and the personal experiences of being a doctor. From the absurd to the profound, the short stories, essays, and reflections in How Not to Be a Doctor combine erudition with humor, candor, and the human touch to show how, in medicine, you cannot separate personal experiences from professional ones, and to inform and entertain readers on both sides of the stethoscope.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37003
- 2020-04-05How to Fall Slower Than Gravity And Other Everyday (and Not So Everyday) Uses of Mathematics and ...
- 2012-01-23Normal Gets You Nowhere: And Other Things Your Mother Never Told You
- 2009-04-04How to Eat Like a Child: And Other Lessons in Not Being a Grown-up
- 2020-09-13How to Find a Higgs Boson: And Other Big Mysteries in the World of the Very Small [Audiobook]
- 2020-05-17Leading the Unleadable: How to Manage Mavericks, Cynics, Divas, and Other Difficult People
- 2020-03-21What I Do Not Believe, and Other Essays (Synthese Library) Ed 2
- 2020-03-17How to Find a Higgs Boson―and Other Big Mysteries in the World of the Very Small
- 2020-02-26Billion Dollar Brand Club: How Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, and Other Disruptors Are Remaking What We Buy
- 2019-07-12How to Speak Science: Gravity, Relativity, and Other Ideas That Were Crazy Until Proven Brilliant
- 2019-06-04Porn & Pong: How Grand Theft Auto, Tomb Raider and other Sexy Games Changed Our Culture
- 2019-05-31Porn & Pong: How Grand Theft Auto, Tomb Raider and other Sexy Games Changed Our Culture
- 2019-01-25Do You Really Need That Pill How to Avoid Side Effects, Interactions, and Other Dangers of Overmedic
- 2019-01-10Do You Really Need That Pill How to Avoid Side Effects, Interactions, and Other Dangers of Overme...
- 2018-11-23Porn & pong how Grand Theft Auto, Tomb Raider and other sexy games changed our culture
- 2018-11-22How to Land an A330 Airbus And Other Vital Skills for the Modern Man
- 2018-11-21How to Land an A330 Airbus And Other Vital Skills for the Modern Man
- 2018-10-14How Not to Be Governed Readings and Interpretations from a Critical Anarchist Left
- 2018-10-07How George Washington Fleeced the Nation And Other Little Secrets Airbrushed From History
- 2018-09-14How to Speak Science: Gravity, Relativity, and Other Ideas That Were Crazy Until Proven Brilliant
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.