How All Politics Became Reproductive Politics: From Welfare Reform to Foreclosure to Trump (Reproductive Justice: A New Vision for the 21st Century)
Posted on 2020-01-10, by books_lover.
Today all politics are reproductive politics, argues esteemed feminist critic Laura Briggs. From longer work hours to the election of Donald Trump, our current political crisis is above all about reproduction. Households are where we face our economic realities as social safety nets get cut and wages decline. Briggs brilliantly outlines how politicians’ racist accounts of reproduction—stories of Black “welfare queens” and Latina “breeding machines"—were the leading wedge in the government and business disinvestment in families. With decreasing wages, rising McJobs, and no resources for family care, our households have grown ever more precarious over the past forty years in sharply race-and class-stratified ways. This crisis, argues Briggs, fuels all others—from immigration to gay marriage, anti-feminism to the rise of the Tea Party.
- Ebooks list page : 42393
- 2018-10-12Reproductive Justice An Introduction (Reproductive Justice A New Vision for the 21st Century)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Abuse of Evil: The Corruption of Politics and Religion since 9/11 (Themes for the 21st Century Ser.)
- 2008-12-05And Economic Justice for All: Welfare Reform for the 21st Century
- 2020-01-03Should We All Be Vegan?: A Primer for the 21st Century (The Big Idea Series)
- 2019-11-25Henry George and How Growth in Real Estate Contributes to Inequality and Financial Instability (Palgrave Studies on Henry George for the 21st Century)
- 2018-05-10From Molecules to Minds Challenges for the 21st Century Workshop Summary
- 2017-12-17[PDF] How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market: Now Revised & Updated for the 21st Century
- 2017-10-19[PDF] From Molecules to Minds:: Challenges for the 21st Century: Workshop Summary
- 2017-04-14[PDF] After the New Social Democracy: Social Welfare for the 21st Century
- 2017-01-19[PDF] From Molecules to Minds:: Challenges for the 21st Century: Workshop Summary
- 2010-11-02Gerald P. Mallon, Peg McCartt Hess - Child Welfare for the 21st Century: A Handbook of Practices, Policies, & Programs
- 2009-12-16Ending child poverty : Popular welfare for the 21st Century
- 2011-05-14A Long Goodbye to Bismarck? The Politics of Welfare Reform in Continental Europe (Repost)
- 2010-09-04A Long Goodbye to Bismarck?: The Politics of Welfare Reform in Continental Europe
- 2009-09-03Race and the Politics of Welfare Reform
- 2020-05-05Party Politics in Japan: Political Chaos and Stalemate in the 21st Century (Routledge Contemporary Japan Series)
- 2020-02-05The Politics of Power: EU-Russia Energy Relations in the 21st Century
- 2019-11-28Competition and Compromise among Chinese Actors in Africa: A Bureaucratic Politics Study of Chinese Foreign Policy Actors (Governing China in the 21st Century)
- 2019-11-21Landscapes of Power: Politics of Energy in the Navajo Nation (New Ecologies for the Twenty-First Century)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.