Posted on 2012-09-22. By anonymous.
English | ISBN 10: 1597267007 | 2010 | PDF | 400 pages | 3.7 MB
For more than three decades, David Orr has been one of the leading voices of the environmental movement, championing the cause of ecological literacy in higher education, helping to establish and shape the field of ecological design, and working tirelessly to raise awareness of the threats to future generations posed by humanityâ€™s current unsustainable trajectory.
Hope Is an Imperative brings together in a single volume Professor Orrâ€™s most important works. These include classics such as â€œWhat Is Education For?,â€ one of the most widely reprinted essays in the environmental literature, â€œThe Campus and the Biosphere,â€ which helped launch the green campus movement, and â€œLoving Children: A Design Problem,â€ which renowned theologian and philosopher Thomas Berry called â€œthe most remarkable essay Iâ€™ve read in my whole life.â€
The book features thirty-three essays, along with an introductory section that considers the evolution of environmentalism, section introductions that place the essays into a larger context, and a foreword by physicist and author Fritjof Capra.
Hope Is an Imperative is a comprehensive collection of works by one of the most important thinkers and writers of our time. It offers a complete introduction to the writings of David Orr for readers new to the field, and represents a welcome compendium of key essays for longtime fans. The book is a must-have volume for every environmentalistâ€™s bookshelf.
- Ebooks list page : 20024
- 2011-11-04Hope Is an Imperative: The Essential David Orr
- 2011-10-04Hope Is an Imperative: The Essential David Orr
- 2012-05-27The Essential Wonder Woman Encyclopedia
- 2011-09-16The Essential Guide to Portraits - 2011 (2nd edition)
- 2021-03-08David Allan Coe The Essential David Allan Coe (2021) MP3
- 2012-06-07What the Hell Are You Doing? The Essential David Shrigley
- 2009-07-30The Essential David Bohm
- 2014-03-14The Essential Urban Farmer [Repost]
- 2014-02-02The Essential John Nash (Repost)
- 2014-01-09The Essential World History (Repost)
- 2013-08-25Milestone Documents in African American History: Exploring the Essential Primary Sources (repost)
- 2013-03-11Pediatric Cardiology: The Essential Pocket Guide [Repost]
- 2012-06-25Milestone Documents in African American History: Exploring the Essential Primary Sources (Repost)
- 2011-09-25The Essential PIC18Â® Microcontroller (Repost)
- 2011-08-10The Wyrmling Horde: The Seventh Book of the Runelords - David Farland (repost)
- 2010-12-21The Essential PIC18 Microcontroller (repost)
- 2010-11-24The Essential PIC18 Microcontroller (repost)
- 2011-12-29The Essential Sopranos Reader (Essential Readers in Contemporary Media) - David Lavery, Douglas L. Howard, Paul Levinson
- 2011-12-28The Essential Sopranos Reader (Essential Readers in Contemporary Media) - David Lavery, Douglas L. Howard, Paul Levinson
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.