Posted on 2019-12-11, by rizentrop.
We often have reason to doubt our own ability to form rational beliefs, or to doubt that some particular belief of ours is rational. Perhaps we learn that a trusted friend disagrees with us about what our shared evidence supports. Or perhaps we learn that our beliefs have been afflicted by motivated reasoning or by other cognitive biases. These are examples of higher-order evidence. While it may seem plausible that higher-order evidence should somehow impact our beliefs, it is less clear how and why. Normally, when evidence impacts our beliefs, it does so by virtue of speaking for or against the truth of theirs contents. But higher-order evidence does not directly concern the contents of the beliefs that they impact. In recent years, philosophers have become increasingly aware of the need to understand the nature and normative role of higher-order evidence. This is partly due to the pervasiveness of higher-order evidence in human life, for example in the form of disagreement. But is ha
- Ebooks list page : 42067
- 2012-03-19Higher Order Logic and Hardware Verification By T. F. Melham
- 2019-07-01Classification, Disease and Evidence New Essays in the Philosophy of Medicine
- 2019-01-11Believing in Accordance with the Evidence New Essays on Evidentialism
- 2018-12-24Believing in Accordance with the Evidence New Essays on Evidentialism
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Classification, Disease and Evidence: New Essays in the Philosophy of Medicine (History, Philosophy and Theory of the Life Sciences) - Removed
- 2020-05-18Precision Interferometry in a New Shape: Higher-order Laguerre-Gauss Modes for Gravitational Wave Detection (Springer Theses)
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Emergence and Embodiment: New Essays on Second-Order Systems Theory
- 2017-10-16[PDF] QCD Higher-Order Effects and Search for New Physics - Removed
- 2016-09-06QCD Higher-Order Effects and Search for New Physics - Removed
- 2013-09-21Precision Interferometry in a New Shape: Higher-order Laguerre-Gauss Modes for Gravitational Wave Detection
- 2011-08-22Emergence and Embodiment: New Essays on Second-Order Systems Theory (Science and Cultural Theory)
- 2009-08-01Consciousness: Essays from a Higher-Order Perspective
- 2020-08-22Linguistic Content: New Essays on the History of Philosophy of Language
- 2020-07-17New Essays on Leibniz's Theodicy
- 2020-05-31Egghead - Use Higher Order Observables in RxJS Effectively
- 2020-05-30Higher-order Differential Equations and Elasticity
- 2020-05-16Egghead - Higher Order Components with Functional Patterns Using Recompose
- 2020-05-13Ad Infinitum: New Essays on Epistemological Infinitism
- 2020-04-24The Nature of Moral Responsibility: New Essays
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.