Posted on 2013-11-25. By anonymous.
Karen A. Duncan - Healing from the Trauma of Childhood Sexual Abuse: The Journey for Women
Published: 2004-08-30 | ISBN: 0275980847, 0313363218 | PDF | 264 pages | 13 MB
The traumatic affects of childhood sexual abuse can remain and recur throughout life for women who have not healed emotionally. This book by a family therapist shares stories from 18 women abused as children, explaining that healing can occur at any stage of life, and that healing, itself, occurs in stages. The author offers guidance to recognize the long-lingering potential affects of childhood sexual abuse including depression, anxiety, dissociation, and chronic shock, and she explains steps to take for recovery. Also presented are letters from women who have healed or are in recovery.
Sexual abuse by men, juveniles, and female perpetrators is discussed, as is how children may act out the abusive behavior taught by perpetrators. The incidence of abuse by family members is also addressed. Duncan explains the dual dilemmaâ€”moral and legalâ€”that women face in exposing a sexual perpetrator within the family when not protected by the legal system due to statutes of limitations. She also discusses controversial topics including false memory and disclosure of memory to the perpetrator.
No Other Mirrors, Please!
- Ebooks list page : 23900
- 2010-04-14Healing from the Trauma of Childhood Sexual Abuse: The Journey for Women
- 2011-11-21The Politics of Child Sexual Abuse: Emotion, Social Movements, and the State
- 2019-07-15* (Admirable) - Why You Should Read Tears of the Silenced: An Amish True Crime Memoir of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Brutal Betrayal, and Ultimate Survival by Misty Griffin Online or Download [*MOBI *PDF *EPUB]
- 2017-07-16Push Back The Dark Companioning Adult Survivors Of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- 2012-01-02Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2011-09-16Dokken - Up From The Ashes
- 2011-08-17Feeling the Heat: Dispatches from the Front Lines of Climate Change - Removed
- 2020-01-22The Religion of Chiropractic: Populist Healing from the American Heartland
- 2018-08-12The Religion of Chiropractic Populist Healing From the American Heartland
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Religion of Chiropractic: Populist Healing from the American Heartland
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Sacred Wounds: A Path to Healing from Spiritual Trauma
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Yoga for Health and Healing: From the Teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Ph.D.
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Ancient Wisdom, Modern Kitchen: Recipes from the East for Health, Healing, and Long Life
- 2017-12-02[PDF] The Clay Cure : Natural Healing from the Earth
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Healing Matrix: David Scrimgeour on Healing from the Soul (2012)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Counselling Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse (Therapy in Practice)
- 2017-04-12[PDF] Healing from the Source: The Science and Lore of Tibetan Medicine
- 2017-03-15The Religion of Chiropractic Populist Healing from the American Heartland [Kindle Edition]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.