Posted on 2008-03-22. By anonymous.
Publisher: World Scientific Publishing | English | ISBN:0387733639 | 324 pages | 2008 | PDF | 6.5 Mb
Description: The sensory hair cells in the inner ear and vestibular system convert mechanical stimuli, sound and motion into neural activity that is responsible for the sensations of hearing, motion and head position. In mammals, the loss of hair cells from acoustic overstimulation, ototoxic drugs and aging is irreversible, leading to a permanent loss of function. However, it is now clear that hair cells in other vertebrates are capable of regenerating and recovering partial or complete function. Moreover, partially damaged hair cells can undergo self-repair or be protected from traumatic insults by external compounds. This volume provides a comprehensive survey of what is currently known about the regeneration, repair and protection of sensory hair cells and subsequent recovery of function in the auditory and vestibular system. The aim is to provide graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, clinicians and scientists in related disciplines with the biological bases of hair cells and with an understanding of the factors that contribute to their regeneration and repair.
Check all my medical and biology related posts at MyAvaxBlog
Please, follow the rules - No Mirrors!!!
Post something new instead!
- Ebooks list page : 1624
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection (Springer Handbook of Auditory Research)
- 2013-08-18Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection [Repost]
- 2011-12-27Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection - Richard J. Salvi
- 2011-12-21Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection - Richard J. Salvi
- 2011-12-18Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection - Richard J. Salvi
- 2011-12-10Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection
- 2011-12-10Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection (Repost)
- 2008-12-06Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection
- 2008-09-29Hair Cell Regeneration, Repair, and Protection
- 2009-01-17The Role of Microtubules in Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Oncology (2008)
- 2008-12-06Renal Cell Cancer: Diagnosis and Therapy (2008) - Removed
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Stem Cells in the Lung: Development, Repair and Regeneration (Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine)
- 2007-12-08Stem Cell Repair and Regeneration (The Hammersmith Series)
- 2020-06-29Wound Healing, Tissue Repair, and Regeneration in Diabetes
- 2020-06-26Wound Healing, Tissue Repair, and Regeneration in Diabetes
- 2020-02-11Natural Hair Care: 125 Homemade Hair Care Recipes And Secrets For Beauty, Growth, Shine, Repair and Styling (Easy To Make All Natural Hair Care ... You Fuller More Beautiful and Stronger Hair)
- 2019-01-31Learn Cell Phone Repair What are the Tools and Techniques Needed to Repair Damaged Cell Phones
- 2018-06-01Biological Approaches to Spinal Disc Repair and Regeneration for Clinicians
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.