Posted on 2020-06-29, by nokia241186.
Golf and philosophy lessons from the links
epub | 352.46 KB English | Author :Wible, Andy | 2010 | The University Press of Kentucky
Book Description :
In a game where players are expected to call their own penalties and scoring the least points leads to victory, decorum takes precedence over showmanship and philosophical questions become par for the course. Few other sports are as suited for ethical and metaphysical examination as golf. It is a game defined by dichotomies―relaxing, yet frustrating, social, yet solitary―and between these extremes there is room for much philosophical inquiry.
In Golf and Philosophy: Lessons from the Links, a clubhouse full of skilled contributors tee off on a range of philosophical topics within the framework of the fairway. The book's chapters are arranged in the style of an eighteen-hole golf course, with the front nine exploring ethical matters of rationality and social civility in a world of moral hazards and roughs. The back nine pries even deeper, slicing into matters of the metaphysical, including chapters on mysticism, idealism, identity, and meaning.
Taken together, the collection examines the intellectual nature of this beloved pastime, considering the many nuances of a sport that requires high levels of concentration, patience, and consistency, as well as upstanding moral character. Golf and Philosophy celebrates the joys and complexities of the game, demonstrating that golf has much to teach both its spectators and participants about modern life.
Category : | Golf, Golf, Philosophy
Golf and philosophy lessons from the links :
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 44005
- 2020-06-24Golf and philosophy lessons from the links
- 2011-11-10Mark Bittman's Quick and Easy Recipes from the New York Times
- 2022-07-10Pandemics, Economics and Inequality Lessons from the Spanish Flu - Removed
- 2022-06-28Mousepads, Shoe Leather, and Hope Lessons from the Howard Dean Campaign for the Future of Intern...
- 2021-12-09Out of Our Heads Why You Are Not Your Brain, and Other Lessons from the Biology of Consciousness - Removed
- 2021-08-23Out of Our Heads Why You Are Not Your Brain, and Other Lessons from the Biology of Consciousness - Removed
- 2021-08-13Understanding Critical Race Research Methods and Methodologies Lessons from the Field
- 2021-03-02The Office and Philosophy: Scenes from the Unexamined Life
- 2020-10-11Parachuting Cats into Borneo: And Other Lessons from the Change Café [Audiobook]
- 2020-04-15Yes, And: How Improvisation Reverses \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"No, But\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Thinking and Improves Creativity and Collaboration--Lessons from The Second C
- 2019-11-07Normal Is Just a Setting On the Dryer And Other Lessons from the Real, Real World
- 2019-08-27Normal Is Just a Setting On the Dryer And Other Lessons from the Real, Real World
- 2019-01-30People, Population Change and Policies Lessons from the Population Policy Acceptance Study Vol. 2 - Removed
- 2019-01-15People, Population Change and Policies Lessons from the Population Policy Acceptance Study Vol. 2... - Removed
- 2018-11-23Integrity Good People, Bad Choices, and Life Lessons from the White House
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Why Some Firms Thrive While Others Fail: Governance and Management Lessons from the Crisis
- 2017-12-29[PDF] Interest Rates, Prices and Liquidity: Lessons from the Financial Crisis (Macroeconomic Policy Making)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Integrity: Good People, Bad Choices, and Life Lessons from the White House
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: and Other Lessons from the Crematory
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.