Posted on 2010-11-26. By anonymous.
Pr-n University Press | 2001 | ISBN: 069108677X | 416 pages | PDF | 1,5 MB
This book is the eagerly awaited successor to Robert Gilpinâ€™s 1987 The Political Economy of International Relations, the classic statement of the field of international political economy that continues to command the attention of students, researchers, and policymakers. The world economy and political system have changed dramatically since the 1987 book was published. The end of the Cold War has unleashed new economic and political forces, and new regionalisms have emerged. Computing power is increasingly an impetus to the world economy, and technological developments have changed and are changing almost every aspect of contemporary economic affairs. Gilpinâ€™s Global Political Economy considers each of these developments. Reflecting a lifetime of scholarship, it offers a masterful survey of the approaches that have been used to understand international economic relations and the problems faced in the new economy.
Gilpin focuses on the powerful economic, political, and technological forces that have transformed the world. He gives particular attention to economic globalization, its real and alleged implications for economic affairs, and the degree to which its nature, extent, and significance have been exaggerated and misunderstood. Moreover, he demonstrates that national policies and domestic economies remain the most critical determinants of economic affairs. The book also stresses the importance of economic regionalism, multinational corporations, and financial upheavals.
Gilpin integrates economic and political analysis in his discussion of â€œglobal political economy.â€ He employs the conventional theory of international trade, insights from the theory of industrial organization, and endogenous growth theory. In addition, ideas from political science, history, and other disciplines are employed to enrich understanding of the new international economic order. This wide-ranging book is destined to become a landmark in the field.
- Ebooks list page : 8583
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Global Political Economy: Understanding the International Economic Order
- 2017-04-05[PDF] From Jicama to Jackfruit: The Global Political Economy of Food (International Studies Intensives)
- 2020-04-30China in the International Economic Order: New Directions and Changing Paradigms
- 2019-03-17The Global Political Economy of the Environment and Tourism - Removed
- 2019-03-06The Global Political Economy of the Environment and Tourism
- 2018-10-17Global Political Economy in the Information Age Power and Inequality
- 2018-08-26Global Political Economy in the Information Age Power and Inequality
- 2018-08-13Global Political Economy After the Crisis
- 2017-11-24[PDF] China in the International Economic Order: New Directions and Changing Paradigms
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Global Political Economy and the Modern State System (Historical Materialism Book) - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] China, India and the International Economic Order
- 2017-10-05[PDF] The Global Political Economy of the Environment and Tourism - Removed
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Global Political Economy of the Environment and Tourism
- 2013-01-28China, India and the International Economic Order (repost)
- 2011-05-19China, India and the International Economic Order
- 2011-05-11Global Political Economy and the Wealth of Nations: Performance, Institutions, Problems and Policies
- 2011-03-16Global Political Economy and the Wealth of Nations: Performance, Institutions, Problems and Policies
- 2011-02-04China, India and the International Economic Order
- 2010-04-08Global Political Economy in the Information Age: Power and Inequality (Ripe Series in Global Political Economy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.