[share_ebook] Global Climate Change and Response of Carbon Cycle in the Equatorial Pacific and Indian Oceans and Adjacent Landmasses, Volume 73
Author: Hodaka Kawahata, Yoshio A. Awaya
Publisher: Elsevier Science
Posted on 2011-08-17, by sharebookfree.
Global Climate Change and Response of Carbon Cycle in the Equatorial Pacific and Indian Oceans and Adjacent Landmasses, Volume 73
Hodaka Kawahata, Yoshio A. Awaya | Elsevier Science | 2011-01-17 | 530 pages | English | PDF
To understand the global warming mechanism, global mapping of primary production was carried out under the GCMAPS program. The program was concerned with marine and terrestrial environmental changes, which affect carbon cycle on the regional and global scales. On the regional scale, warm phase of ENSO (El NiÃƒÂ±o / Southern Oscillation) has been shown to affect economic activities in many countries. The keyword for understanding mechanism of global warming is 'primary productivity'. The earth observation satellites (EOS) like the ADEOS of Japan, and the SeaWiFS, Sea Star and Terra of the U.S.A. provided much required data for modeling and verification of primary production estimates on both land and ocean.
The knowledge gained during the GCMAPS program has been documented in this book. Interpretation of the data suggests that global warming, which causes temperature and sea level rise, and changes in climate and ecosystems, is likely to have the largest influence on mankind. The first half of this book discuss changes in marine environments. Physical and chemical oceanographic properties of the equatorial Pacific and Indian Oceans are presented. Changes in partial pressure of carbon dioxide, flux and composition of settling particles and biological communities in the surface ocean have also been discussed. In addition to this, over hundred years of environmental records based upon coral skeletons are presented. Estimations of primary production and its utilization in validating satellite imagery data were conducted in the western North Pacific. Primary productivity estimates based upon the validated satellite imagery are presented on the global scale. Climate change modeling of primary production in global oceans is also presented.
The latter half of this book deals with changes in terrestrial environments. Primary productivity estimates for different types of ecosystems (e.g., forest, grassland) are presented together with soil carbon dynamics. Also, biomass and productivity estimation and environmental monitoring based upon remote sensing techniques are presented with a model analysis of the relationship between climate perturbations and carbon budget anomalies in global terrestrial ecosystems. This book elucidates integrated aspects of the global carbon cycle involving marine and terrestrial environments.
* Discusses a current understanding of the biogeochemical processes on land and ocean
* Provides global mapping of primary production based on satellite imagery data and modeling
* Presents the latest interpretations of relationships between carbon cycle and climatic change
**** No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules! ****
- Ebooks list page : 12987
- 2011-07-31Global Climate Change and Response of Carbon Cycle in the Equatorial Pacific and Indian Oceans and Adjacent Landmasses, Volume 73 (Elsevier Oceanography Series)
- 2011-07-20Global climate change and response of carbon cycle in the equatorial Pacific and Indian oceans and adjacent landmasses
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2011-11-05Global Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events
- 2020-05-16Global Climate Change and Public Health (Respiratory Medicine)
- 2019-12-19Global Climate Change and Environmental Policy: Agriculture Perspectives
- 2018-05-13Global Climate Change and Coastal Tourism Recognizing Problems, Managing Solutions, Future Expectations
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Global Climate Change and Terrestrial Invertebrates
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Global Climate Change and Public Health (Respiratory Medicine) - Removed
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Environmental Policy and Public Health: Air Pollution, Global Climate Change, and Wilderness
- 2014-03-15Global Climate Change and Public Health [Repost] - Removed
- 2013-10-05Global Climate Change and Public Health
- 2013-09-29Global Climate Change and Public Health (Respiratory Medicine)
- 2012-12-22Environmental Policy and Public Health: Air Pollution, Global Climate Change, and Wilderness - Removed
- 2011-10-10Global Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events
- 2012-01-12Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change
- 2020-07-04Global Climate Change Policy and Carbon Markets Transition to a New Era
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Global Climate Change Policy and Carbon Markets: Transition to a New Era (Energy, Climate and the Environment) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.