Author: Forum on Global Health
Publisher: National Academies Press
Posted on 2011-11-05, by LionFar.
|Title:Global Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events
Author:Forum on Global Health
Publisher:National Academies Press
|Description:Long before the 'germ theory' of disease was described, late in the nineteenth century, humans knew that climatic conditions influence the appearance and spread of epidemic diseases. Ancient notions about the effects of weather and climate on disease remain embedded in our collective consciousness - through expressions such as 'cold' for rhinovirus infections; 'malaria', derived from the Latin for 'bad air'; and the common complaint of feeling 'under the weather'. Today, evidence is mounting that earth's climate is changing at a faster rate than previously appreciated, leading researchers to view the longstanding relationships between climate and disease with new urgency and from a global perspective.On December 4 and 5, 2007, the Forum on Microbial Threats hosted a public workshop, summarized in this book, to consider the possible infectious disease impacts of global climate change and extreme weather events on human, animal, and plant health, as well as their expected implications for global and national security.
Download Global Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 14985
- 2011-10-10Global Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2020-05-16Global Climate Change and Public Health (Respiratory Medicine)
- 2019-12-19Global Climate Change and Environmental Policy: Agriculture Perspectives
- 2018-05-13Global Climate Change and Coastal Tourism Recognizing Problems, Managing Solutions, Future Expectations
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Global Climate Change and Terrestrial Invertebrates
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Global Climate Change and Public Health (Respiratory Medicine)
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Environmental Policy and Public Health: Air Pollution, Global Climate Change, and Wilderness
- 2014-03-15Global Climate Change and Public Health [Repost]
- 2013-10-05Global Climate Change and Public Health
- 2013-09-29Global Climate Change and Public Health (Respiratory Medicine)
- 2012-12-22Environmental Policy and Public Health: Air Pollution, Global Climate Change, and Wilderness - Removed
- 2011-08-17Global Climate Change and Response of Carbon Cycle in the Equatorial Pacific and Indian Oceans and Adjacent Landmasses, Volume 73
- 2011-07-31Global Climate Change and Response of Carbon Cycle in the Equatorial Pacific and Indian Oceans and Adjacent Landmasses, Volume 73 (Elsevier Oceanography Series)
- 2011-07-20Global climate change and response of carbon cycle in the equatorial Pacific and Indian oceans and adjacent landmasses
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Attribution of Extreme Weather Events in the Context of Climate Change
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Attribution of Extreme Weather Events in the Context of Climate Change
- 2012-01-12Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.