Posted on 2011-09-15, by kashani90.
Global Catastrophes And Trends The Next 50 YearsHi Dears! If You Want download Global Catastrophes And Trends The Next 50 Years after clicking On Download Link(In Code Section), Please Wait For 5-8 Second. Then You Can Click On Skip Ads! Button.
Author: Vaclav Smil
Publisher: The MIT Press
Format: Hardcover 320 pages
ISBN: 0262195860 (0-262-19586-0)
ISBN 13: 9780262195867 (978-0-262-19586-7)
List Price: $29.95
Choice Outstanding Academic Title, 2008. Fundamental change occurs most often in one of two ways: as a "fatal discontinuity," a sudden catastrophic event that is potentially world changing, or as a persistent, gradual trend. Global catastrophes include volcanic eruptions, viral pandemics, wars, and large-scale terrorist attacks; trends are demographic, environmental, economic, and political shifts that unfold over time. In this provocative book, scientist Vaclav Smil takes a wide-ranging, interdisciplinary look at the catastrophes and trends the next fifty years may bring. This is not a book of forecasts or scenarios but one that reminds us to pay attention to, and plan for, the consequences of apparently unpredictable events and the ultimate direction of long-term trends. Smil first looks at rare but cataclysmic events, both natural and human-produced, then at trends of global importance: the transition from fossil fuels to other energy sources; demographic and political shifts in Europe, Japan, Russia, China, the United States, and Islamic nations; the battle for global primacy; and growing economic and social inequality. He also considers environmental changeÂ—in some ways an amalgam of sudden discontinuities and gradual changeÂ—and assesses the often misunderstood complexities of global warming. Global Catastrophes and Trends does not come down on the side of either doom-and-gloom scenarios or techno-euphoria. Instead, relying on long-term historical perspectives and a distaste for the rigid compartmentalization of knowledge, Smil argues that understanding change will help us reverse negative trends and minimize the risk of catastrophe.
FileSize 6.99 Mb
Link checked on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:39 pm (GMT) [Linkchecker Bot]
- Ebooks list page : 13658
- 2011-08-17Global Catastrophes and Trends: The Next Fifty Years
- 2009-04-13Global Catastrophes and Trends: The Next Fifty Years - Removed
- 2021-04-02Global Catastrophes and Trends: The Next Fifty Years (PDF)
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Global Catastrophes and Trends: The Next Fifty Years
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Global Catastrophes and Trends: The Next Fifty Years
- 2010-04-11Global Catastrophes And Trends The Next 50 Years - Removed
- 2010-03-13Global Catastrophes And Trends The Next 50 Years
- 2009-02-16Global Catastrophes and Trends: The Next Fifty Years
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2008-06-30[request]Workouts and Turnarounds II: Global Restructuring Strategies for the Next Century: Insights from the Leading Authorities in the Field
- 2021-04-05Sleep Smarter: Evening Habits and Sleeping Tips to Get More Energized, Productive and Healthy the Next Day
- 2021-03-31Udemy - Cryptocurrency fundamentals and finding the next bitcoin
- 2021-03-30Cryptocurrency fundamentals and finding the next bitcoin
- 2021-03-12Critical Energy Issues In Asia And The Pacific: The Next Twenty Years
- 2021-02-15Critical Energy Issues In Asia And The Pacific: The Next Twenty Years
- 2021-01-30Strength To The Max And Beyond - The Next Step After Strength To The Max
- 2020-12-21Future Files The 5 Trends That Will Shape the Next 50 Years
- 2020-12-11Strength To The Max And Beyond The Next Step After Strength To The Max
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.