Author: Committee for the Workshop on Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems, National Research Council
Publisher: National Academies Press
Posted on 2011-12-26, by LionFar.
|Title:Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
Author:Committee for the Workshop on Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems, National Research Council
Publisher:National Academies Press
|Description:The polar regions are experiencing rapid changes in climate. These changes are causing observable ecological impacts of various types and degrees of severity at all ecosystem levels, including society. Even larger changes and more significant impacts are anticipated. As species respond to changing environments over time, their interactions with the physical world and other organisms can also change. This chain of interactions can trigger cascades of impacts throughout entire ecosystems. Evaluating the interrelated physical, chemical, biological, and societal components of polar ecosystems is essential to understanding their vulnerability and resilience to climate forcing.
The Polar Research Board (PRB) organized a workshop to address these issues. Experts gathered from a variety of disciplines with knowledge of both the Arctic and Antarctic regions. Participants were challenged to consider what is currently known about climate change and polar ecosystems and to identify the next big questions in the field. A set of interdisciplinary "frontier questions" emerged from the workshop discussions as important topics to be addressed in the coming decades. To begin to address these questions, workshop participants discussed the need for holistic, interdisciplinary systems approach to understanding polar ecosystem responses to climate change. As an outcome of the workshop, participants brainstormed methods and technologies that are crucial to advance the understanding of polar ecosystems and to promote the next generation of polar research. These include new and emerging technologies, sustained long-term observations, data synthesis and management, and data dissemination and outreach.
Download Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
Download from DEPOSITFILES
Download from FILESONIC
- Ebooks list page : 16434
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems: Summary of a Workshop
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems: Summary of a Workshop
- 2011-12-26Frontiers in Understanding Climate Change and Polar Ecosystems
- 2012-03-17Reenergizing Americaâ€™s Defense: How the Armed Forces Are Stepping Forward to Combat Climate Change and Improve the U.S. Energy Posture
- 2012-01-12Informing an Effective Response to Climate Change
- 2011-10-14Food Security and Climate Change in the Pacific: Rethinking the Options
- 2020-07-21Understanding Climate Change: Science, Policy, and Practice
- 2019-11-30Climate Change and Energy Dynamics in the Middle East: Modeling and Simulation-Based Solutions (Understanding Complex Systems)
- 2018-11-23Communicating Climate Change and Energy Security New Methods in Understanding Audiences
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Understanding Climate Change: Science, Policy, and Practice
- 2017-12-15[PDF] Paleoclimates: Understanding Climate Change Past and Present
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Paleoclimates: Understanding Climate Change Past and Present
- 2011-12-11Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-12-07Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change (America's Climate Choices) - America's Climate Choices: Panel On Limiting The Magnitude Of Future Climate Change
- 2011-11-04Limiting the Magnitude of Future Climate Change
- 2011-08-31Advancing the Science of Climate Change
- 2011-08-17Advancing the Science of Climate Change (National Research Council)
- 2011-08-07Adapting to the Impacts of Climate Change
- 2021-09-09Simulating Climate Change and Livelihood Security - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.