Posted on 2013-02-19. By anonymous.
Michel Loreau - From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis
Published: 2010-07-01 | ISBN: 0691122709, 0691122695 | PDF | 328 pages | 3 MB
The major subdisciplines of ecology--population ecology, community ecology, ecosystem ecology, and evolutionary ecology--have diverged increasingly in recent decades. What is critically needed today is an integrated, real-world approach to ecology that reflects the interdependency of biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. From Populations to Ecosystems proposes an innovative theoretical synthesis that will enable us to advance our fundamental understanding of ecological systems and help us to respond to today's emerging global ecological crisis.
Michel Loreau begins by explaining how the principles of population dynamics and ecosystem functioning can be merged. He then addresses key issues in the study of biodiversity and ecosystems, such as functional complementarity, food webs, stability and complexity, material cycling, and metacommunities. Loreau describes the most recent theoretical advances that link the properties of individual populations to the aggregate properties of communities, and the properties of functional groups or trophic levels to the functioning of whole ecosystems, placing special emphasis on the relationship between biodiversity and ecosystem functioning. Finally, he turns his attention to the controversial issue of the evolution of entire ecosystems and their properties, laying the theoretical foundations for a genuine evolutionary ecosystem ecology.
From Populations to Ecosystems points the way to a much-needed synthesis in ecology, one that offers a fuller understanding of ecosystem processes in the natural world.
No another mirrors, please!
- Ebooks list page : 21395
- 2017-11-25[PDF] From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis (MPB-46) (Monographs in Population Biology)
- 2012-04-25From Populations to Ecosystems: Theoretical Foundations for a New Ecological Synthesis
- 2020-05-05Comparison of Mathematics and Physics Education I Theoretical Foundations for
- 2019-12-14Galileo's Error: Foundations for a New Science of Consciousness
- 2019-12-13Galileo's Error Foundations for a New Science of Consciousness
- 2019-01-25From Energetics to Ecosystems The Dynamics and Structure of Ecological Systems
- 2018-07-14Learn Functional Programming with Elixir New Foundations for a New World
- 2018-07-07Learn Functional Programming with Elixir New Foundations for a New World (The Pragmatic Programmers) - Removed
- 2018-05-22Learn Functional Programming with Elixir: New Foundations for a New World
- 2014-05-22Digital Geometry Algorithms: Theoretical Foundations and Applications to Computational Imaging (repost) - Removed
- 2014-04-28Smashing UX Design: Foundations for Designing Online User Experiences (Repost)
- 2013-09-04Digital Geometry Algorithms: Theoretical Foundations and Applications to Computational Imaging [Repost]
- 2012-09-18Foundations for Microwave Engineering (2nd edition) (Repost)
- 2012-05-24Information Theory and Quantum Physics: Physical Foundations for Understanding the Conscious Process [Repost]
- 2012-02-13"Fallen from the Symboled World": Precedents for the New Formalism
- 2012-01-13A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Core Ideas - Committee On Conceptual Framework For The New K-12 Science Education Standards
- 2011-12-19MPLS and Next-Generation Networks: Foundations for NGN and Enterprise Virtualization (Repost)
- 2011-06-16Foundations for Efficient Web Service Selection [Repost]
- 2011-05-29Field Theoretical Tools for Polymer and Particle Physics (repost)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.