Posted on 2019-02-22, by nokia241186.
From Empires to NGOs in the West African Sahel: The Road to Nongovernmentality (African Studies, Book 129) by Professor Gregory Mann
English | 2014 | ISBN: 1107016541, 1107602521 | 304 pages | PDF | 3,6 MB
This book looks beyond the familiar history of former empires and new nation-states to consider newly transnational communities of solidarity and aid, social science and activism. Shortly after independence from France in 1960, the people living along the Sahel - a long, thin stretch of land bordering the Sahara - became the subjects of human rights campaigns and humanitarian interventions. Just when its states were strongest and most ambitious, the postcolonial West African Sahel became fertile terrain for the production of novel forms of governmental rationality realized through NGOs. The roots of this "nongovernmentality" lay partly in Europe and North America, but it flowered, paradoxically, in the Sahel. This book is unique in that it questions not only how West African states exercised their new sovereignty but also how and why NGOs - ranging from CARE and Amnesty International to black internationalists - began to assume elements of sovereignty during a period in which it was so highly valued.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 39372
- 2019-01-30From Empires to NGOs in the West African Sahel The Road to Nongovernmentality
- 2017-12-06[PDF] From Empires to NGOs in the West African Sahel: The Road to Nongovernmentality
- 2011-12-26The Road to Victory: From Pearl Harbor to Okinawa (Osprey General Military)
- 2021-01-21Eaters Of The Dry Season Circular Labor Migration In The West African Sahel
- 2019-05-03Paved with Good Intentions Canada's Development NGOs on the Road from Idealism to Imperialism
- 2019-03-23Paved with Good Intentions Canada's Development NGOs on the Road from Idealism to Imperialism
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Paved with Good Intentions: Canada's Development NGOs on the Road from Idealism to Imperialism
- 2016-07-02Paved with Good Intentions Canada's Development NGOs on the Road from Idealism to Imperialism
- 2011-04-10Eaters Of The Dry Season: Circular Labor Migration In The West African Sahel (repost)
- 2020-01-22From Burma to Myanmar: On the Road to Mandalay
- 2020-01-10Central Banks into the Breach: From Triumph to Crisis and the Road Ahead
- 2017-09-18Central Banks into the Breach From Triumph to Crisis and the Road Ahead
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Our New Husbands Are Here: Households, Gender, and Politics in a West African State from the Slave Trade to Colonial Rule
- 2021-04-16Cooking the West African Way
- 2020-10-29Kwame Nkrumah and the Dawn of the Cold War: The West African National Secretariat, 1945-48
- 2019-12-20West African Youth Challenges and Opportunity Pathways (Gender and Cultural Studies in Africa and the Diaspora)
- 2019-12-03Pregnant in the Time of Ebola: Women and Their Children in the 2013-2015 West African Epidemic (Global Maternal and Child Health)
- 2019-11-25Influence of the Sea Surface Temperature Decadal Variability on Tropical Precipitation: West African and South American Monsoon (Springer Theses)
- 2019-02-27Native Sons West African Veterans and France in the Twentieth Century
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.