Author: Kostas Gavroglu
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
Posted on 2012-01-20, by 4bookholic.
Fritz London: A Scientific Biography
Kostas Gavroglu | Cambridge University Press | 2005 | 324 pages | English | DJVU
Fritz London was one of the twentieth century's key figures in the development of quantum physics. A quiet and self-effacing man, he was one of the founders of quantum chemistry, and was the first to give a phenomenological explanation of superconductivity. This thoroughly researched biography gives a detailed account of London's life and work in Munich, Berlin, Oxford, Paris, and finally in the United States. Also, by following his correspondence, collaborations, and controversies with other leading physicists and chemists including Erwin Schrödinger, Walter Heitler, Linus Pauling, Robert Mulliken, John van Vleck, Max von Laue, and Lev Landau, it examines the process by which scientific theories become legitimized. Covering a fascinating period in the development of theoretical physics, and containing an appraisal of London's work by the late John Bardeen, this book will be of great interest to physicists, chemists, and to anyone interested in the history of science.
- Ebooks list page : 17162
- 2012-01-10Fritz London: A Scientific Biography - Kostas Gavroglu
- 2011-12-03Fritz London: A Scientific Biography
- 2011-08-29Fritz London: A Scientific Biography (Repost)
- 2011-01-07Fritz London: A Scientific Biography
- 2012-03-14Dirac: A Scientific Biography By Helge Kragh
- 2021-03-24Steinitz in London: A Chess Biography With 623 Games
- 2021-03-01Steinitz in London: A Chess Biography With 623 Games
- 2020-11-26New Dictionary Of Scientific Biography Vol 3
- 2020-11-26New Dictionary Of Scientific Biography Vol 5
- 2020-11-23New Dictionary Of Scientific Biography Vol 1
- 2020-11-23New Dictionary Of Scientific Biography Vol 6
- 2020-11-14New Dictionary Of Scientific Biography Vol 2
- 2018-12-30Hermann Haken From the Laser to Synergetics A Scientific Biography of the Early Years
- 2018-01-21[PDF] London Fog: The Biography
- 2018-01-01[PDF] No Time to be Brief: A Scientific Biography of Wolfgang Pauli
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Frederic W. Harmer: A Scientific Biography - Removed
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Dirac: A Scientific Biography
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Relocating the History of Science: Essays in Honor of Kostas Gavroglu - Removed
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Hermann Haken: From the Laser to Synergetics: A Scientific Biography of the Early Years - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.