Author: Hannah Kay Wittman (Editor), Annette Aurelie Desmarais (Editor), Nettie Wiebe (Editor)
Publisher: Food First Books
Posted on 2011-09-30, by nerf.
With increasing hunger in the world, especially among marginalised populations in both the North and South, the current high-input, industrialised, market-driven food system is failing. It is failing to provide for the food needs of all people, failing to respect the principles of environmental sustainability, and it undermines local empowerment and agrarian citizenship. Around the world, people are resisting the environmental, social and political destruction perpetuated by the industrial agricultural system. This resistance has led to a new and radical agricultural practice - food sovereignty - which puts control in the hands of those who are both hungry and produce the world's food - peasants and family farmers - rather than corporate executives. Advocating a practical, radical change to the way much of our food system operates the contributors, including Raj Patel, Walden Bello, Philip McMichael, Miguel Altieri and Eric Holt-Gimenez, show through analysis and case studies that food sovereignty results in increased production, safe food that reaches those who are in the most need and agricultural practices that respect the earth. This is the means to achieving the UN-endorsed goal of food security.
- Ebooks list page : 14017
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Civic Agriculture: Reconnecting Farm, Food, and Community (Civil Society: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives)
- 2013-03-04Civic Agriculture - Reconnecting Farm, Food, and Community
- 2013-03-01Civic Agriculture: Reconnecting Farm, Food, and Community
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Rice Talks: Food and Community in a Vietnamese Town
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Rice Talks: Food and Community in a Vietnamese Town
- 2016-10-23Abstract seamless patterns with food nature ornaments objects - 25 Eps
- 2013-02-26Rice Talks: Food and Community in a Vietnamese Town
- 2019-11-05[request_ebook] Social Psychology and Human Nature, Brief
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Design for an Empathic World: Reconnecting People, Nature, and Self
- 2014-01-19Design for an Empathic World: Reconnecting People, Nature, and Self
- 2011-08-14Sovereignty and the Global Community: The Quest for Order in the International System (Global Interdisciplinary Studies Series)
- 2010-07-13Becoming Good Ancestors: How We Balance Nature, Community, and Technology
- 2010-02-24David Ehrenfeld - Becoming Good Ancestors: How We Balance Nature, Community, and Technology
- 2021-02-09Food Network Magazine: The Big, Fun Kids Baking Book: 110 Recipes for Young Bakers (Food Network Magazine's Kids Cookbooks)
- 2020-12-03Australian Food
- 2012-03-16Host of Rawpalooza: 2012 Raw Food World Summit by Steve Prussack
- 2012-03-11Mexican Food Made Simple - Season 1
- 2012-03-10A Sustainability Challenge: Food Security for All: Report of Two Workshops
- 2012-02-18Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? - Committee On Food Marketing And The Diets Of Children And Youth
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.