Posted on 2011-03-15. By anonymous.
Food Fears: From Industrial to Sustainable Food Systems By Alison Blay-Palmer
Publisher: Ash,.gate 2008 | 196 Pages | ISBN: 0754672484 | PDF | 2 MB
With escalating rates of diabetes, cancer and obesity, excessive food miles and the consequences for global climate change, farm crises, food insecurity and the 'fast food' culture, the industrial food system of the West is increasingly perceived as problematic. The physical, social and intellectual distance between consumers and their food stems from a food system that privileges quantity and efficiency over quality, with an underlying assumption that food is a commodity, rather than a source of nourishment and pleasure.However, in the wake of various food scares, there is growing momentum from consumers to change the food they eat; which in turn acts as a catalyst for the industry to adapt and for alternative systems to evolve. Drawing on a wealth of empirical research into mainstream and alternative food systems in North America, this book argues that sustainable, grass roots, local food systems offer a template for meaningful individual activism as a way to bring about change from the bottom up, while at the same time creating pressure for policy changes at all levels of government. This movement signals a shift away from market economy principles and reflects a desire to embody social and ecological values as the foundation for future growth.
!!!No Mirrors below, please! Follow Rules!
FILESERVE http://www.fileserve.com/file/58UYGrW FILESONIC http://www.filesonic.com/file/222365072/
- Ebooks list page : 10960
- 2020-12-08Agroecology Now! Transformations Towards More Just and Sustainable Food Systems
- 2020-10-16Agricultural Research for Sustainable Food Systems in Sri Lanka: Volume 2: A Pursuit for Advancements
- 2020-05-24Towards Sustainable Global Food Systems Conceptual and Policy Analysis of Agricult...
- 2020-03-31Agricultural Research for Sustainable Food Systems in Sri Lanka: Volume 1: A Historical Perspective
- 2019-11-23Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals Through Sustainable Food Systems (Food and Health)
- 2018-11-21Sustainable Food Systems Building a New Paradigm
- 2018-10-31Edible Insects in Sustainable Food Systems - Removed
- 2018-08-15Edible Insects in Sustainable Food Systems
- 2018-08-10Edible Insects in Sustainable Food Systems
- 2018-06-23Sustainable Food Systems
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Agroecology: The Ecology of Sustainable Food Systems, Second Edition
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Agroecology: The Ecology of Sustainable Food Systems, Third Edition
- 2017-04-14[PDF] Sustainable Food Systems: Building a New Paradigm
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Sustainable Food Systems: Building a New Paradigm
- 2014-06-19Sustainable Food Systems: Building a New Paradigm
- 2014-06-10Sustainable Food Systems: Building a New Paradigm (Repost)
- 2014-02-18Sustainable Food Systems: Building a New Paradigm - Removed
- 2012-12-10For Hunger-Proof Cities: Sustainable Urban Food Systems (Repost)
- 2012-10-29The Ecology of Sustainable Food Systems, Second Edition by Stephen R. Gliessman (PDF) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.