Posted on 2011-06-19, by honhungoc.
Guiseppe Alberto Orefice, "Five-language European Dictionary: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish"
London Editions | 1977 | ISBN: 0905562046 | 704 pages | DJVU | 13 MB
English: Prepared and edited by the best linguists in the world, this is a dictionary with a novel and practical system of consultation: by looking up a word in the first column, which lists in alphabetical order all the terms of the 5 languages, the user will find, together with the pronunciation, the corresponding translation into English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
French: Concu et redige par les meilleurs linguistes du monde, le « 5 » est un dictionnaire qui adopte un systeme nouveau et pratique de consultation: en cherchant dans la premiere colonne, ou figurent tous les vocables des cinq langues dans I'ordre alphabetique, on trouve a cote de chaque mot sa prononciation et la traduction correspondante en anglais, f rancais, allemand, itaiien et espagnol.
German: Das von den besten Linguisten der Welt vorbereitete und redigierte Worterbuch « 5 » baut auf einem neuen und praktischen System auf: wenn man in der ersten Spalte, in der alle Worter der 5 Sprachen alphabetisch angeordnet sind, ein Wort sucht, wird man in den folgenden funf Spalten, zusammen mit der Aussprache, die relative Obersetzung ins Englisch, Franzosisch, Deutsch, Italienisch und Spanischfinden.
Italian: Studiatoe redattodai migliori linguisti del mondo, il «5 »e undizionariocon un nuovoe praticosistema di consultazione: cercando nella prima colonna, dove sono elencati in ordinealfabeticotutti i vocaboli delle5 lingue, si trova a fianco, con la pronuncia, la rispettiva traduzione inglese, francese, tedesca, italiana e spagnola.
Spanish: Preparado y redactado por algunos de los mejores linguistas del mundo, el« 5 » es un diccionario con un sistema de consulta nuevo y practice Buscando en la primera columna, donde se hallan en orden alfabetico los vocablos mas usados en los cinco idiomas, se encuentra a su lado la traduccion inglesa, francesa, alemana, italiana y espanola, con las respectivas pronunciaciones.
The need for a practical and novel type of dictionary, enabling its users to understand and be understood immediately in the five principal Western languages, has always been felt; even more so today, when mass tourism has reached the proportions of a « Voelkerwanderung», thus assembling and moving entire populations from one country into another.
Students, professional men and women, technicians, industrialists, workers, writers, scientists, clerks, artists - all kinds and conditions of modern man - feel the necessity, in a steadily shrinking world where distances are constantly reduced in terms of time and which is rapidly becoming a true cosmopolitan reality, to use a language which represents the natural synthesis of the five most widely spoken languages in the Western world. This is the essential reason for a novel and revolutionary dictionary, conceived after years of study, trials and comparisons as well as analysis and tests of every kind, torn-piled and elaborated with the assistance of some of the most experienced specialists in this field for the immediate and direct use of the peoples living on the five continents.
The first, or international, column of the vocabulary lists, in strict alphabetical order, those words which are most frequently used in everyday speech from which they have been selected.
This system, both novel and original, is a great time-saver and provides easy reference, compared to any other traditional multilingual dictionaries. Horizontally, on a line headed by each of the basic words, you will find translations into the four other languages of the dictionary. The letter preceding the word in the first column indicates the language in which it is expressed. Each language is represented by more than 6,000 terms, so that the first column contains well over 30,000 English, French, German, Italian and Spanish words.
The translations of the words are those in current use. In fact, the «5»i springs from every-day life and this is the main reason why the dictionary faithfully reflects the languages as they are spoken today.
Although meticulously edited, the « 5 » is bound to cater far more for the practical requirements of the « man-in-the-street» than for those of expert linguists.
We should be very happy indeed if the «few »found it attractive, but our chief purpose is its use by the «many».
In order to achieve our aim, we have thought it desirable to add a simplified form of phonetic transcription for words from and into English, a language which, phonetically, may be considered the most irregular of the five.
- Ebooks list page : 11924
- 2020-07-03Language Visual Dictionary English French German Spanish Italian
- 2017-12-19[PDF] The Firefly Five Language Visual Dictionary: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- 2010-11-24The Firefly Five Language Visual Dictionary: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- 2010-04-27The Firefly Five Language Visual Dictionary: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- 2010-04-02The Firefly Five Language Visual Dictionary: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- 2010-03-22The Firefly Five Language Visual Dictionary: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian
- 2008-12-09The Firefly Five Language Visual Dictionary: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian by Jean-Claude Corbeil, Ariane Archambau
- 2020-12-11The Visual Dictionary English, French, German, Spanish
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Eating Out in Five Languages: Over 10,000 Menu Terms in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish (English, French and German Edition)
- 2014-06-03Eating Out in Five Languages: Over 10,000 Menu Terms in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish [Repost]
- 2013-02-05The Five Language European Dictionary (repost)
- 2011-09-08The Five Language European Dictionary
- 2011-06-19The Five Language European Dictionary
- 2009-05-18Eating Out in Five Languages: Over 10,000 Menu Terms in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Elsevier's Dictionary of Medicine and Biology: in English, Greek, German, Italian and Latin
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Elsevier's Dictionary of Medicine and Biology: in English, Greek, German, Italian and Latin
- 2013-04-27Elsevier's Dictionary of Medicine and Biology: In English, Greek, German, Italian, and Latin; Part 1, Basic Table (repost)
- 2012-06-12Elsevier's Dictionary of Medicine and Biology: in English, Greek, German, Italian and Latin by G. Konstantinidis (Repost)
- 2012-03-30Dictionary of Medicine and Biology: In English, Greek, German, Italian, and Latin, part 1: Basic Table [Repost]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.