Posted on 2019-01-14, by nokia241186.
Feminism and Evolutionary Biology: Boundaries, Intersections and Frontiers By Patricia Adair Gowaty (auth.), Patricia Adair Gowaty (eds.)
1997 | 648 Pages | ISBN: 0412073617 | PDF | 13 MB
Standing at the intersection of evolutionary biology and feminist theory is a large audience interested in the questions one field raises for the other. Have evolutionary biologists worked largely or strictly within a masculine paradigm, seeing males as evolving and females as merely reacting passively or carried along with the tide? Would our view of nature `red in tooth in claw' be different if women had played a larger role in the creation of evolutionary theory and through education in its transmission to younger generations? Is there any such thing as a feminist science or feminist methodology? For feminists, does any kind of biological determinism undermine their contention that gender roles purely constructed, not inherent in the human species? Does the study of animals have anything to say to those preoccupied with the evolution and behavior of humans? All these questions and many more are addressed by this book, whose contributing authors include leading scholars in both feminism and evolutionary biology. Bound to be controversial, this book is addressed to evolutionary biologists and to feminists and to the large number of people interested in women's studies.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 38678
- 2019-01-10Feminism and Evolutionary Biology Boundaries, Intersections and Frontiers
- 2018-12-27Feminism and Evolutionary Biology Boundaries, Intersections and Frontiers
- 2021-08-24New World Tarantulas Taxonomy, Biogeography and Evolutionary Biology of Theraphosidae - Removed
- 2021-07-21Game Theory in Biology concepts and frontiers
- 2021-01-09Human Evolutionary Biology Human Anatomy and Physiology from an Evolutionary Perspective
- 2021-01-03New World Tarantulas Taxonomy, Biogeography and Evolutionary Biology of Theraphosidae
- 2020-11-28Evolutionary Biology and Conservation of Dung Beetles
- 2020-11-28Integrating Evolutionary Biology into Medical Education: for maternal and child healthcare students, clinicians, and scientists
- 2020-06-03Evolutionary Biology: Convergent Evolution, Evolution of Complex Traits, Concepts and Methods
- 2020-04-29Boundaries, Borders and Frontiers in Archaeology: A Study of Spatial Relationships
- 2020-03-23The Evolutionary Biology of the Human Pelvis: An Integrative Approach (Cambridge Studies in Biological and Evolutionary Anthropology)
- 2020-01-08The Evolutionary Biology of Species (Oxford Series in Ecology and Evolution)
- 2019-07-14Evolutionary Biology Concept, Modeling, and Application - Removed
- 2019-02-24Ecology and Evolutionary Biology of Clonal Plants Proceedings of Clone-2000. An International Wor
- 2019-01-31Evolutionary Biology Exobiology and Evolutionary Mechanisms - Removed
- 2019-01-28Ecology and Evolutionary Biology of Clonal Plants Proceedings of Clone-2000. An International Wor... - Removed
- 2019-01-24Evolutionary Biology Exobiology and Evolutionary Mechanisms - Removed
- 2018-09-23Specialization, Speciation, and Radiation The Evolutionary Biology of Herbivorous Insects
- 2018-09-19Public Relations, Cooperation, and Justice: From Evolutionary Biology to Ethics
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.