Posted on 2011-07-03. By anonymous.
Springer; 1st Edition | January 27, 2010 | ISBN-10: 9048135591 | 200 pages | PDF | 2.15 Mb
This study, the first comprehensive account of Erich HÃ¼ckel's career, examines his scientific work as well as his importance for the emergence of quantum chemistry as an independent discipline in Germany during the 1930s. HÃ¼ckel began his career by studying quantum physics in GÃ¶ttingen, but his background in chemistry led him to take up pioneering research on the physics of chemical bonding.
Drawing on a variety of sources, Andreas Karachalios offers a probing account of fast-breaking developments in quantum theory that paved the way for HÃ¼ckel's research. In GÃ¶ttingen and later in Leipzig, HÃ¼ckel interacted with leading figures not only in quantum physics and physical chemistry but also with others in nearby fields, including organic chemistry and mathematics.
During his later career in Marburg, HÃ¼ckel clashed with Linus Pauling over the properties of the benzine molecule. In order to appreciate this controversy, Karachalios gives a brief account of the mathematical formalism of spin invariants, with both HÃ¼ckel and Pauling used in their analyses, though with different interpretations. This serves not only to clarify their differences but also to illustrate the importance of the quantum-mechanical theory of resonance for chemistry at this time.
- Ebooks list page : 12111
- 2010-01-06Erich HÃ¼ckel (1896-1980): From Physics to Quantum Chemistry (Boston Studies in the Philosophy of Science)
- 2011-09-17Erich Huckel (1896-1980): From Physics to Quantum Chemistry
- 2011-07-14Erich Huckel (1896-1980): From Physics to Quantum Chemistry (Boston Studies in the Philosophy of Science)
- 2012-06-22Equilibrium Molecular Structures: From Spectroscopy to Quantum Chemistry (repost)
- 2013-02-08Disrupted Networks: From Physics to Climate Change [Repost]
- 2011-10-11Tapash Chakraborty, "Charge Migration in DNA: Perspectives from Physics, and Biology" (repost)
- 2020-12-29Equilibrium Molecular Structures From Spectroscopy to Quantum Chemistry
- 2014-06-03Quantum Physics Without Quantum Philosophy (repost) - Removed
- 2014-04-21The Physics of Quantum Mechanics (repost)
- 2014-03-11The Universe: A View from Classical and Quantum Gravity [Repost]
- 2014-01-14Quantum Physics Without Quantum Philosophy (Repost)
- 2013-12-26Physics of Quantum Rings (repost)
- 2013-10-27Physics of Quantum Rings [Repost]
- 2013-09-19Quantum Physics Without Quantum Philosophy [Repost]
- 2013-01-24The Gaussian Approximation Potential: An Interatomic Potential Derived from First Principles Quantum Mechanics [Repost]
- 2013-01-13Neither Physics nor Chemistry: A History of Quantum Chemistry (Repost)
- 2012-12-29Hardware-based Computer Security Techniques to Defeat Hackers: From Biometrics to Quantum Cryptography (repost)
- 2012-12-04From Classical to Quantum Mechanics (Repost)
- 2012-06-23Equilibrium Molecular Structures: From Spectroscopy to Quantum Chemistry - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.