Posted on 2021-04-02, by nokia241186.
Richard Breen | 2020 | ISBN: 1503610160 | English | 360 pages | PDF/EPUB | 6/26 MB
This volume examines the role of education in shaping rates and patterns of intergenerational social mobility among men and women during the twentieth century. Focusing on the relationship between a person's social class and the social class of his or her parents, each chapter looks at a different country―the United States, Sweden, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Switzerland. Contributors examine change in absolute and relative mobility and in education across birth cohorts born between the first decade of the twentieth century and the early 1970s. They find a striking similarity in trends across all countries, and in particular a contrast between the fortunes of people born before the 1950s, those who enjoyed increasing rates of upward mobility and a decline in the strength of the link between class origins and destinations, and later generations who experienced more downward mobility and little change in how origins and destinations are linked. This volume uncovers the factors that drove these shifts, revealing education as significant in promoting social openness. It will be an invaluable source for anyone who wants to understand the evolution of mobility and inequality in the contemporary world.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 47061
- 2020-01-15Double Standard: Social Policy in Europe and the United States
- 2018-12-12Double Standard Social Policy in Europe and the United States
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Double Standard: Social Policy in Europe and the United States
- 2011-12-30Double Standard: Social Policy in Europe and the United States
- 2011-09-10Double Standard: Social Policy in Europe and the United States
- 2011-09-09Double Standard: Social Policy in Europe and the United States
- 2020-07-12Immigration Phobia and the Security Dilemma Russia, Europe, and the United States
- 2020-04-23Single Markets: Economic Integration in Europe and the United States
- 2020-03-21Investment in Early Childhood Education in a Globalized World: Policies, Practices, and Parental Philosophies in China, India, and the United States
- 2019-05-06Designs on Nature Science and Democracy in Europe and the United States
- 2019-03-24Designs on Nature Science and Democracy in Europe and the United States
- 2018-12-05Survival of the Fittest The Shifting Contours of Higher Education in China and the United States
- 2018-09-21Citizenship, Political Engagement, and Belonging Immigrants in Europe and the United States
- 2018-07-22Citizenship, Political Engagement, and Belonging Immigrants in Europe and the United States
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Books in the Digital Age: The Transformation of Academic and Higher Education Publishing in Britain and the United States
- 2018-01-24[PDF] The Transatlantic Kindergarten: Education and Women's Movements in Germany and the United States
- 2018-01-21[PDF] War and Welfare: Europe and the United States, 1945 to the Present
- 2018-01-16[PDF] A Changing Turkey: The Challenge to Europe and the United States (Studies in Foreign Policy)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Nationalism and Literature: The Politics of Culture in Canada and the United States (Cambridge Cultural Social Studies)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.