Posted on 2021-01-18, by book24h.
Early Life Origins of Human Health and Disease by John P. Newnham, Michael G. Ross
English | ISBN: 380559139X | PDF | 2009 | 224 pages | 3,6 Mb
There is compelling evidence that many of the risks leading to the most frequent chronic diseases in adulthood originate in the earliest stages of life. Adverse environmental conditions in utero and during infancy can lead to negative health effects during the subsequent lifetime of the exposed individual.
This book offers precious insights into the latest concepts and results from epidemiologic, clinical and basic studies in this burgeoning area of health care. The developmental origins of various diseases such as diabetes, obesity and cancer are examined, as well as the early programming of reproductive health and different organs. Attention is given to the impact of environmental factors such as nutrition and pollution, and the mediating genetic and epigenetic pathways are reviewed. A crucial point under discussion is the concept of environmental insults adversely affecting not only the exposed persons, but also their descendants. In addition, the economic consequences of a suboptimal start to life and the importance of preventive measures are stressed.
This publication is of great value to anyone interested in health care, notably to specialists in obstetrics, pediatrics, internal medicine, obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
Visit My Profile News Here : https://www.ebookee.com/user/book24h
- Ebooks list page : 46269
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Early Life Origins of Human Health and Disease
- 2013-05-28Early Life Origins of Human Health and Disease
- 2013-05-27Early Life Origins of Human Health and Disease
- 2013-05-26Early Life Origins of Human Health and Disease
- 2013-05-24Early Life Origins of Human Health and Disease (repost)
- 2011-04-03Early Life Origins of Human Health and Disease (Repost)
- 2020-11-23Nitrite and Nitrate in Human Health and Disease (Nutrition and Health)
- 2020-11-18Nitrite and Nitrate in Human Health and Disease (Nutrition and Health)
- 2020-06-19Rhinovirus Infections Rethinking the Impact on Human Health and Disease
- 2020-06-18Milk and Dairy Foods Their Functionality in Human Health and Disease
- 2020-06-02Milk and Dairy Foods - Their Functionality in Human Health and Disease
- 2020-05-28Protein Deimination in Human Health and Disease
- 2020-05-15Rhinovirus Infections Rethinking the Impact on Human Health and Disease
- 2020-05-04Food Microbiology: In Human Health and Disease
- 2020-02-04Protein Deimination in Human Health and Disease Ed 2
- 2019-07-10Food Microbiology In Human Health and Disease
- 2019-03-23Magnesium in human health and disease - Removed
- 2018-11-23Nitrite and Nitrate in Human Health and Disease (2nd edition)
- 2018-11-15Free Radicals in Human Health and Disease
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.