Posted on 2013-11-11. By anonymous.
Diane Henderson, Rosemary Morris, "The English Workbook & Teacher Resoure: Developing Literacy Bk D"
Publisher: Prim-Ed Publ | 2013 | ISBN: 1846546427
/1846546494 | English | PDF | 186+64 pages | 31.1/11.4 Mb
“Thorough treatment of all these aspects of English Literacy in a seven-book series:
- Oral language
- Reading Comprehension
Each book focuses on 5 main writing genres: Procedure Recount Exposition (Persuasive) Narratives Reports.
There are 10 units of work in each book and each unit deals with 11 main elements:
- Reading passages written in one of the five writing genre
- Speaking and listening activities based on the genre. Focusing on activities for the whole class and activities for working in pairs.
- Analysis of the structure of the writing genre.
- Reading activities focus on developing comprehension at 3 different levels: reading for information, reading for understanding and application of understanding.
- Vocabulary activities focus on extending word meaning, word building and activities include dictionary work, antonyms/synonyms, alphabetical order, anagrams, word searches, crosswords and word worms.
- Grammar activities which focus on parts of speech or punctuation.
- Spelling pages focus on specific spelling rules e.g. plurals.
- Writing Framework/Template to guide the children in perfecting the specific genre. This allows the children to be creative and imaginative while still providing the children with a structure needed to enable them write in a genre.
- Writing activities.
- Editing and Proofreading activities.
- Two page assessment of the entire unit.
Teachers resource book available for each level.”